New to z ownership!

jaginsligo

Forum User
Hi guys,

Just joined the forum yesterday. Bought a 1980 280ZX over the weekend, never had one before but always loved them. It's driving (badly, I'll come back to that) and I have rust issues on both doors and drivers sill. (can the doors be fixed?)

Well first things first, from the car and year is there somewhere I can download a workshop manual? The car starts first turn, when jump started (needs a new battery as existing one not holding charge) but when driving not very responsive and feels like its running on kangaroo juice!!
I want to change things like plugs, ht leads and distributor cap (are these easily sourced?)

Also for some reason the air filter box is in the boot, I need to fix it back to the car, any idea where I can get an air filter element for this.

I'm from Ireland, just wondering if there are any other members here from Ireland (I'm based in Sligo) just for local knowledge

Sorry for all the questions, I'll have yer heads wrecked by the end of it!

Thanks JG

jaginsligo

Forum User
Hi Mr F, do ye ship to Southern Ireland and do you have an email I can send queries on prices etc.

Thanks in advance

jaginsligo

Forum User
here u go
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2077.JPG
    IMG_2077.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 85
Last edited by a moderator:

Arkwright

Inactive
Mines been done too . Mr.F is The Man. Most mechanical bits are available but don't go chopping the body about until you've checked the availability of new pannels.

oops, nearly forgot. Car looks good. Welcome to the forum.

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
JG

Welcome to the Club, car looks good, I'm up in Belfast, there are a few other members over here, hopefully see you soon