New to the community - recently purchased 240z

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
Hi All,

Just to say a quick hello as I've just picked up my first 240z. My mum had a 280zx when I was younger so I've always had a soft spot for z cars. Chuffed to bits with it and looking forward to getting involved in some meets etc over the summer (fingers crossed).

Thanks.

Matthew

IMG_1939.jpg IMG_1928.jpg

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Saw this on the Bonhams auctions, not a bad buy although I was disappointed with there inspection criteria and how it was rated, they seem to pick up on all the slight issues yet still rate things very oddly (high....). It looks a very clean car and a good buy to me though regardless, a great intro to Z car ownership.

Welcome to the club.

Dan

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
Looks spiffing, was it imported like that?

Thanks - no I believe it was imported a few years ago and refurbished by a guy on here (Terry) - Just by chance I found a thread that he had done, and impressed with the work put in to bring it to the condition it is today.

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
Saw this on the Bonhams auctions, not a bad buy although I was disappointed with there inspection criteria and how it was rated, they seem to pick up on all the slight issues yet still rate things very oddly (high....). It looks a very clean car and a good buy to me though regardless, a great intro to Z car ownership.

Welcome to the club.

Dan

Thanks Dan,

Yes - it was a bit of a punt on Bonhams, however it seems to be in great condition. A few niggles here and there but as expected (plus I'm looking forward to getting stuck in and fiddling!)

RodimusPrime

Well-Known Forum User
ah yes - this one: (@tel240z)
https://zclub.net/community/index.php?threads/lime-z-sold.26288/
is it still that colour? looks a bit darker in your photos.

I believe so. I had a good chat with Terry yesterday about it who explained the history etc. He seems to have done a brilliant job and the paint is still in excellent condition. I asked about the rear spoiler as well which appeared after he had sold it. I liked it without, but appears it's not a simple job of removing it so I'm going to stick with it for the time being. There's a lot to learn about them, but you've got to start somewhere haha.

richiep

Club Member
That was an extremely good project base car - I actually bid on it on eBay against Terry, but he pipped me to the post! It could've been an earlier version of Project Dixie!