New to the club

ChrisZx

Club Member
Hi all,

Been a member of the 300zx club for a while but thought it would be good to join Z club as well. I imported my Z32 in 2016, I'm always very busy refurbishing (to put it lightly) our house so my time for my zed is sporadic, but I've had some time for it recently and it's reminded me why I love it, hence my motivation to sign up :D

Recently had the bumpers resprayed and the whole car polished. Spent far too long washing it yesterday so looking good at the moment! Nothing crazy on the mod front - coilovers, intercoolers, stainless exhaust, one piece prop and lightened flywheel, 350z Brembo front brakes etc... I added quite a lot of sound proofing last year which made it quite refined (despite a mild scattering of polybushes and the lightened transmission). Oh and racelogic traction control which I love. Would like to get it tuned next year once my partner has forgotten how much I just spent on paint! But we'll see

20200618_165707.jpg 20200620_004948.jpg 20200714_235408.jpg 20200714_200745.jpg 20200702_202052 (1).jpg 20200702_202157.jpg

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I like these when they are fairly standard. Some look too aggressive.

Nice.

Just enjoy it and spend the money on your house. These cars are complicated enough.

ChrisZx

Club Member
But why? Ask yourself how many times you use the full power of your car and for how long?

I get ample opportunities to scratch the itch on routes I take quite often. Though I'm not sure time is a good measure when it comes to thrills - people will spend hours queuing for a roller coaster that's over in 60 seconds.

Besides, I don't consider a tune as over the top. It's not like spending thousands on forged engine/turbos/injectors/dual intake like a lot of others do!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Exactly. Rob, why would you want a fast road DJR engined car or a Samuri as anything over 70mph is technically illegal on our roads:D:conf2:

Yes I know but I bought them like that. Same with my 350 and 370!

I'll get my coat!

My point is that these TT300s are very fast already - also I read tune as modify which of course isn't the same thing.

Good standard 300s are rare.