New to site

Roger S

Club Member
Hi I am a tech numpty but have got this far.
Do I have to pay a fee to go on the forum ?. Or is that the Z club ?
Former 260 owner and also 280.
Looking for a project car 240 or 260 2 seater body.
20 years as paint sprayer panel beater before 25 years in banking and now retired.
Have been refurbish cars for the last 5 year including 2x 911 plus MGTD complete rebuild so don’t mind getting stuck in. I have a well equipped workshop with pretty much everything in it. Currently completing a T25 camper van.
RHD preferable and manual.
A really tatty runner would be ideal .
Will pay good money for the right car.
Any thoughts please.
Roger S

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
............. I have a well equipped workshop with pretty much everything in it. ......

Where are you situated Roger? EXTRA:D

Welcome, if you want a tatty RHD S30 (240/260) then you shouldn't have a problem finding one. Seriously though spend time researching and when you find something ask on here for an opinion before buying - tatty RHD cars can be a minefield.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Welcome Roger. Membership of the forum is different to membership of the club ... you only have to pay for the latter (which helps with the running of the former) and it's not very much at all ...

Panel beater you say? Is that the old skool word for a fabricator (ish)? You won't be short of stuff to do on an S30, that's for sure!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome, happy hunting. With your skills, a conversion from a clean LHD to RHD shouldn't be a problem - don't discount it !

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger S

Club Member
Hi I am a tech numpty but have got this far.
Do I have to pay a fee to go on the forum ?. Or is that the Z club ?
Former 260 owner and also 280.
Looking for a project car 240 or 260 2 seater body.
20 years as paint sprayer panel beater before 25 years in banking and now retired.
Have been refurbish cars for the last 5 year including 2x 911 plus MGTD complete rebuild so don’t mind getting stuck in. I have a well equipped workshop with pretty much everything in it. Currently completing a T25 camper van.
RHD preferable and manual.
A really tatty runner would be ideal .
Will pay good money for the right car.
Any thoughts please.
Roger S
Welcome, happy hunting. With your skills, a conversion from a clean LHD to RHD shouldn't be a problem - don't discount it !

Roger S

Club Member
Thanks for replying. That option has always scared me as I make cars straight and beautiful but electrics nah I’m crap at all that part. Is there as company that do it do you know ? US rust free cars always look attractive in theory. Thanks again. Cheers

Roger S

Club Member
Welcome Roger. Membership of the forum is different to membership of the club ... you only have to pay for the latter (which helps with the running of the former) and it's not very much at all ...

Panel beater you say? Is that the old skool word for a fabricator (ish)? You won't be short of stuff to do on an S30, that's for sure!
Great stuff. Will get my secretary ( mrs ) to pay that happily. Panel beater as in “old School “ hammers welders and metal. Lead metal work back in the day on nice cars. Where is best to watch for cars for sale ? Thanks. Rog.

Roger S

Club Member

Welcome, if you want a tatty RHD S30 (240/260) then you shouldn't have a problem finding one. Seriously though spend time researching and when you find something ask on here for an opinion before buying - tatty RHD cars can be a minefield.
Hope I’m going this right ? I’m in a village about 5 miles from Dover. Yes I’m very wary but also motivated to do this hence doing my research a bit. Where would you watch for a car ? Thanks. Rog.

Paul_S

Club Member
Hello and welcome Roger :)

Hope I’m going this right ? I’m in a village about 5 miles from Dover. Yes I’m very wary but also motivated to do this hence doing my research a bit. Where would you watch for a car ? Thanks. Rog.

You can't be that far from me then. I'm in Ashford.

Roger S

Club Member

Hello and welcome Roger :)

You can't be that far from me then. I'm in Ashford.
I’m the other side of Dover in Deal. This is really strange finding my way round the site. But I think I’m getting there. Do I get to see your car on the site. Make me jealous. ??

Paul_S

Club Member
I’m the other side of Dover in Deal. This is really strange finding my way round the site. But I think I’m getting there. Do I get to see your car on the site. Make me jealous. ??
Cool. Just a nice drive up the road then :)

There aren't very many pictures of my car on here to be honest. But here's one just for you!

My 240Z.png

Roger S

Club Member

Cool. Just a nice drive up the road then :)

There aren't very many pictures of my car on here to be honest. But here's one just for you!

View attachment 37890
They are a thing of beauty. 71 240 ? I had a 77 on an s plate 260 2 seater for 3 years. Do use it much.??

Paul_S

Club Member
Indeed :)

I don't use it as much as I'd like. I had vowed to take it to lots of local meets this year but things have obviously taken a turn. So it looks like 2021 will be the year of my Z (I hope!)

Roger S

Club Member
Indeed :)

I don't use it as much as I'd like. I had vowed to take it to lots of local meets this year but things have obviously taken a turn. So it looks like 2021 will be the year of my Z (I hope!)
Let’s hope mine is on the road and I can join you. If you could help findOne I would be eternally grateful . What took you to the Z ? Unusual choice in this country depending on your age. I’m 60 and the first painter I knew when I was 15 had a 72 black 240 and I was in love. The woman that became my wife loved it too. She wants another one

Paul_S

Club Member
Let’s hope mine is on the road and I can join you. If you could help findOne I would be eternally grateful . What took you to the Z ? Unusual choice in this country depending on your age. I’m 60 and the first painter I knew when I was 15 had a 72 black 240 and I was in love. The woman that became my wife loved it too. She wants another one
That would be cool! I'm not sure I can be that much help but if I can then I'd be happy to.

I'd always liked the 240Z but it wasn't until I got a 350Z (and now a 370Z) that I thought about getting one. I'm the same vintage as my car.