New spoiler

Mr.F

Inactive
We've just added a new fibreglass spoiler valence to the range of MJP products - it is a revision of the tried and tested Z111 which has a numberplate recess in the middle.

You can place your orders at MJP Shop. Two more should be ready now and orders this week could be under the tree for Xmas!

Over the years, many have requested this version of the spoiler and last year, one was ordered from our USA supplier for a customer - the fit was dreadful and the item had to be returned. Using the centre section as a guide, this new version is based on the dependable Z111 mould and the first product out of the mould has been trial-fitted by Terry Taylor for me:
DSCF2700%20(Large)-500x500.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
One thing that I have noticed on some of these big spoilers is that often to my eyes they appear to be 'tipped up' to the front. The outside lower edge in front of the wheels is lower than the middle e.g. John Palmer's in the December photo comp.

Is this one flat/level when fitted?

tel240z

Club Member
No Rob this product is flat and a super fit
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF2698.JPG
    DSCF2698.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 165
  • DSCF2701.JPG
    DSCF2701.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 166

tel240z

Club Member
And a couple more
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF2703.JPG
    DSCF2703.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 165
  • DSCF2704.JPG
    DSCF2704.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 163

Ian

Club Member
Nice airdam, might think about changing mine to this at some point so I can run air feeds to the brakes.

I always like the one you stocked, apart from the recess for the license plate.

astroboy

Well-Known Forum User
I currently have the one with the Indent for the plate.

Question is, where can the plate sit on the car with this front end spoiler. I've just done a google image search but it would be good to know first hand...

Wonders if anyone one would be interested in my indented front spoiler....

johnymd

Club Member
Mine looks like it tips up at the front and I hate it. It's not how it's fitted as it can only be bolted in one position. You could modify it to be a bit more level but it would be a pain. I much prefer the spoiler fitted to Darens car to mine and I don't recall it tipping up.

This spoiler with no plate recess is a great improvement.

tel240z

Club Member
I currently have the one with the Indent for the plate.

Question is, where can the plate sit on the car with this front end spoiler. I've just done a google image search but it would be good to know first hand...

Wonders if anyone one would be interested in my indented front spoiler....

number plate here

Mr.F

Inactive
Wonder if this would fit/could be made to fit the 280.

You would probably need to buy the Kaminari Aero spoiler for the 280 and the new Z spoiler and cut and shut the centre into the Kam outer fixing points.
Otherwise, no points of cross-over between S30 and S130...

Also, Kaminari full fender kit doesn't have fender or cowl fixing points. Look at the original construction pics in my gallery.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
You would probably need to buy the Kaminari Aero spoiler for the 280 and the new Z spoiler and cut and shut the centre into the Kam outer fixing points.
Otherwise, no points of cross-over between S30 and S130...

Also, Kaminari full fender kit doesn't have fender or cowl fixing points. Look at the original construction pics in my gallery.

The_kit_arrives349_Large_.jpg

With regards to a recent discussion on Facebook about the design of the Kaminari rear spoiler/wing where it was stated by someone that Kaminari never actually designed one for the 280ZX and it fact it was for the Z32 and this was proved by the angle of the spoiler was the wrong
So I contacted an old friend in the States Eric Newlyn of www.zparts.com Z parts two weeks ago to ask if he could find out more for me.

He contacted Pat Vasquez,who to gether with Eric Cutter were co-founders of Kaminari and Pat's explanation of why the 280ZX kit's rear wing's design"slant", which some forum members reasoned was not an original to the 280ZX kit due to it being tilted up, was, in fact, perfected in a wind tunnel at a major aircraft company's design test facility with an objective different from what the forum members have presumed to be the reason for adding the wing to the Kaminari kit in the first place.
In fact it was designed not for down force as it was felt that the 280Zx would not reach a speed for a reduction of down force was necessary but was designed for reduction of turbulence caused by the widebody kit

Pat also remembered Mike Feeny as he was Kaminari's European Agent and also told of a lot more of the early Kaminari history but I have been a bit lax in posting this up both on Face book where the discussion started and also on here
Sorry for the slight highjack of the thread