new site

ger300

Well-Known Forum User
Congrats Russ on the new site,I like it, even managed to get a pic up already
cheers

Russ

Club Member
Nice one :D

Each member has 5mb of photo space so get posting, you can also upload up to 2mb multimedia uploads (videos) so for those of you with worthwhile small clips of Zs thats another thing you can upload :)

Just please be patient while you wait for the moderators to approve uploads/comments :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Russ,

Am I the only one who finds the new layout slower than the old ?

I'll admit it has more functions / capacity - so did the 280 over the 240 but it wasn't quicker !

When I reply it takes considerably longer the the last to regain the page as if there are more calculations at the server end !

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Originally posted by SeanDezart
Hi Russ,

I'll admit it has more functions / capacity - so did the 280 over the 240 but it wasn't quicker !

When I reply it takes considerably longer the the last to regain the page as if there are more calculations at the server end !

must be the french connection coz I find it a lot faster :D

as regards the speed of the 280ZX compared to the 240Z over the 0-30,right up to the 0-100 range the 280ZX Turbo was quicker across the whole range, it was even faster in the standing quater mile by .2 of a second

just to annoy you 240Z owners even more the the 260z had a higher top speed than the 240Z

in fact according to the figures from Ray Hutton'S " The Z-Series Datsuns" it looks like the 240Z was a bit of a snail
;)

figues never lie it just depends on how you view them and if this dosn't start a healthy discussion nothing will :D :D :D

Russ

Club Member
Hi Russ,

Hi,

If I were to benchmark it I'm positive it would be quicker. It should run less queries than the old site and once your browser has cached the images it should be pretty quick.

There is however a courtesy "Your reply has been added... yada yada.... click here if you don't want to wait" screen that appears after just about every function you perform so that might be giving the illusion that it's slower...

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Nah! Not slower, what are you talking about Sean? :D

To my mind this is the TT site, whereas the old one was definitely NA! ;)

Great work Russ btw, and it does seem to have encouraged a more rapid turnover of posts, that's gotta be good, hasn't it?

CheerZ,
JB.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Surely this site is more of a faster Manual as opposed to the previously slower Auto site! :D
JEZ

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Originally posted by JEZ 300Z
Surely this site is more of a faster Manual as opposed to the previously slower Auto site! :D
JEZ

I couldn't agree more! But that would need to be a turbo manual (two of 'em ;)), of course! :D

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The 280ZXT came out to cope with the ever growing waistband of former 240 owners ! The weight to power ratio was therefore reduced. Of course now one can up the power of the 240 and it has the same result but the fusebox is still in the same place !

The site is quicker this week than last and I like the way (like 240z.org) that we're notified of replys (even if it does fill up my mailbox).

Bravo Russ - how about more polls now ?

Russ

Club Member
If you mean the front page poll, I'll run one for another week if anyone has any suggestions?

Glad you like :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
How many people are currently restoring their cars - rolling resto / all out paintjob / total inc mechanic ?
How many people have or intend to modify their engines' power by at least 30 / 50 / 75 % ?
How many people take their Z/ZX on holidays (split into two) timewise ie weekend, / 1 week / more than 1 week ?
How many people take their Z/ZX on holidays in the UK / in France or within 100 miles of Calais / further ?

Ok for starters ?

SkylineDave

Well-Known Forum User
well i can't afford to take my Z32 further than 2 miles out of Leicester let alone holiday, and I intend to upgrade my power by over 30%, but can't afford that either. So, err, damn...

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Pig's nose stuck in the trough ? I thought 280s were quicker than 240s ? (Except of course when driven by Froggies at Goodwood!)
Dave and everyone else - what's the point of having these cars if you can't / don't drive 'em ? Better to gloat at a photo or a small model !

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
How many people are currently restoring their cars - rolling resto / all out paintjob / total inc mechanic ?
How many people have or intend to modify their engines' power by at least 30 / 50 / 75 % ?
How many people take their Z/ZX on holidays (split into two) timewise ie weekend, / 1 week / more than 1 week ?
How many people take their Z/ZX on holidays in the UK / in France or within 100 miles of Calais / further ?

Ok for starters ?

Don't forget you can build and post these polls yourself now....just don't expect anyone to reply to them!;)
Cheerz,
JEZ

ger300

Well-Known Forum User
:) may i just say that my enthusiasm for my z usually far outshines my bank balance and even if i can only run my car for 6 months of the year i will enjoy all the time i get driving my car and i,m sure other z owners would agree . As to gloating over pictures or small models well i must confess i do that to . some of us do enjoy being part of a club even if we can,t afford to attend all the meetings and events in our z our maxima will have to do.

cheers mandy
:)

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Great ! How ? I sniffed around a bit but can't find the 'option' button !

Hi,
When you post a new thread, underneath the message box are various options.Underneath these is a small box which you need to tick if you wish to post a poll.You can set the number of options in the poll, up to a maximum of 10.When you submit your message, you are then taken to a new screen, where you type in the poll options.
Cheerz,
JEZ