New parts available

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
These things need to go in as a wanted add otherwise it makes a mockery of the whole system.

It stagers me how many times the open forum is used to sell things, and no I'm not including traders in that.

The "I'm just wondering what this is worth" line is used on a regular basis.

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
To be fair I used the "wondering what it's worth" line a while back as I was trying to find the price to charge someone that I had already agreed a sale with.

Just saying it's not always used as a way to beat the system. :)

Mr.F

Inactive
All the rubber stoppers and bumpers available from stock at MJP.
Ignition lock is a blinding price on eBay - go for it!
Battery terminal covers are aftermarket and equivalent parts available in any good motor factor in the UK.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
These things need to go in as a wanted add otherwise it makes a mockery of the whole system.
I disagree. Completely.
240Z man has already found a non UK source for the parts all he is asking if are there any UK sources..
Thats a subject for discussion where forum users car guide him to a suitable source OR if they are a trader in the items they can respond directly.

It stagers me how many times the open forum is used to sell things,

I dont find it staggering at all. All is does is constantly highlights the fact that the classified system doesnt work for, and has no appeal to many forum users.
My opposition to the current system is well documented and has led in the past to giving me a reputation as a trouble maker etc.
The whole debacle is responsible for my ongoing feeling of isolation and general disinterest in the Club as a whole. Notwithstanding my long term personal friendships with many members, yourself included.
In order to have a credible selling platform for myself and Laurence from Star Motorsport paid for our own Traders section which is not subject to long delays in approving a post or to any silly restrictive viewing rights..
Even then I have been moaned at and my posts queried!!

To be fair I used the "wondering what it's worth" line a while back as I was trying to find the price to charge someone that I had already agreed a sale with.

And absolutely nothing wrong with that. IMO

Having a vibrant and busy website is now a prerequisite of being a successful car club.IMO
Part of that site needs to be a vibrant and successful selling forum.
Members need to think about that and ask themselves if that is what this club has..
My personal view which I will restate is that the club has an outdated V bulletin site which is slow moving, poorly managed and has low traffic. And a classifieds section to match.

Ill get my coat.............................

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I disagree. Completely.
240Z man has already found a non UK source for the parts all he is asking if are there any UK sources..
Thats a subject for discussion where forum users car guide him to a suitable source OR if they are a trader in the items they can respond directly.

I dont find it staggering at all. All is does is constantly highlights the fact that the classified system doesnt work for, and has no appeal to many forum users.
My opposition to the current system is well documented and has led in the past to giving me a reputation as a trouble maker etc.
The whole debacle is responsible for my ongoing feeling of isolation and general disinterest in the Club as a whole. Notwithstanding my long term personal friendships with many members, yourself included.
In order to have a credible selling platform for myself and Laurence from Star Motorsport paid for our own Traders section which is not subject to long delays in approving a post or to any silly restrictive viewing rights..
Even then I have been moaned at and my posts queried!!

And absolutely nothing wrong with that. IMO

Having a vibrant and busy website is now a prerequisite of being a successful car club.IMO
Part of that site needs to be a vibrant and successful selling forum.
Members need to think about that and ask themselves if that is what this club has..
My personal view which I will restate is that the club has an outdated V bulletin site which is slow moving, poorly managed and has low traffic. And a classifieds section to match.

Ill get my coat.............................

It's a wanted add plane and simple.

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
I didn't considered it a wanted advert,and I wrote it. I was just sharing with other members what I found, and I was simply asking a question.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
It's a wanted add plane and simple.

Ok... we are not in agreement...lets just move on.No point in further debate really.:thumbs:

Looking back at the original post................

240Z man originally asked a politely worded question.................
, does anybody know if these parts are available from local dealers ?
Looking at your response now a few days later does it seem like a polite helpful reply which might encourage a NON subscribed member to pay a fee and feel part of a friendly helpful club???

Why not place a wanted add and find out.
Or was Moggy 240Zs reply more helpful................
Mjp Eastern should be able to get most of them

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I wasn't trying to be helpful. I was questioning if this was the correct location for his enquiry. Perhaps people don't feel the wanted and for sail adds get the attention they need?

I personally think that by virtue of the fact he was looking to purchase the list of items from the uk it's a wanted add.

But let's move on because to be honest I,m not that fussed.