New MJP On-Line Shop

Mr.F

Inactive
I'm slowly working on adding products to a new On-Line shopping facility. It is up and running, but not very full yet. Please visit and let me have your comments on what sort of products you would like to see featured. I'm trying to add something every day and the scope is almost limitless - not everything is pictured and some of the thumbnails are coming out a bit distorted, but we'll get there.

Click on:

http://www.mjpshop.co.uk

:) From :S30: to :350Z: One Shop, All the Cars :) (eventually...)

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Mike.
A great start to your Online shop site,It can only get better & better,
best wishes & as you already have a formidable range of Z product's in your
Stocklist I think a good variation of panel's,service parts, performance item's,
custom item's, carpet,trim, 'bling' along with your bestseller item's would be nice.
I also like the idea, one shop,all bitz......
Regards DJZ 60.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Mike, looked at the site and found it a tad bland, your old site was more "warming" well ya did ask for feedback.:eek:

Mr.F

Inactive
found it a tad bland
Agreed - the old site was more "my" design. The new site is currently running the corporate wallpaper and looks just like any other OS Commerce site. This will change, but the more important task is the product base. I've only done a few days work so far!
From my end, the old site was almost impossible to update regularly and took forever to upload when changes were made. This site allows me to dip in and out to make single product changes, price adjustments etc. in seconds! Other advantages include improved search facility, improved customer feedback (you can actually review products on-line and read other customers comments), constantly changing front end in terms of product display, etc, etc.....Ultimately it will be like a mini-Amazon site (I wish).

I've started by making it manufacturer based - obviously a lot will ultimately be Nissan stuff. Use the search facility to filter out products for your model.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
i know a had "a few " last night but all the pics look blurred mike, or is it my pc?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i like the new web site ,much easier to get round than the old one 10 out 10 mike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

mikecart

Well-Known Forum User
Mike

It looks a lot slicker and professional IMHO... and I found it quite intuitive to navigate and search too.

And you have hit the nail on the head - the easier it is for you to maintain and adjust the better.

Mike

Mr.F

Inactive
pics look blurred
The thumbnails look blurred because they are a very compressed version of the original as a guide to what you are viewing - click on a thumbnail and you get the original in whatever resolution was available. Most of the bigger versions are pretty sharp, so if those are blurred, your PC has a problem!

My logo is blurred and an error - I sent them the wrong version! That will be corrected shortly.

In trying to get some usable diagrams for the panels reference, the global settings have affected some in the inbuilt graphics. These will probably get deleted eventually.

The software would probably make a good Club Shop site. Any comments??

Russ

Club Member
Definately a step in the right direction, will be nice for you to be able to easily update the site as well. Let me know if you want your banner links or anything moved to www.mjpshop.co.uk.

I have looked into OSCommerce and its very good, but it's a bit much for us seeing as we currently don't sell online. I have a new club shop running software called Noahs Classifieds, basically very cut down and simple version of OSCommerce, effectively more of a catalog than online shop. Mr. Maltby rang me Monday and he is buying a digital camera as well now so we might see some action on that front.

Mr.F

Inactive
Banner link to www.mjpauto.com is fine for now Russ. I've modified all the links on the info site to lead to the Shop anyway, so I guess customers will find their way. I can do the link manually from thread answers if the requested item is available through the Shop!

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
The software would probably make a good Club Shop site. Any comments??
The software or something very similar WILL IMHO be NECCESSARY for the club very soon (like now) if we are not to slip into oblivion or bankruptcy.
However the big problem the club has is the fact that around half the present committee play no active part at all on the club website, or probably on any websites, so how are they going to find out about such a brilliant idea???
Shall I print off a copy of this and POST it to them by snail mail???
Oh just in case those Neanderthal committee members think Im singling them out personally, Im not. Half the entire bloody club membership belongs in the same category. They will be the death of the club they claim to support.
Where's the "buy it now " button??? If it works for MJP then it will work for the club.

OK, rant over. (Picks up toys and gets back in pram with them)

Mike , Im sorry to Hijack the post a bit but you did pose the question

Wyn

Club Member
1st time I’ve viewed that new site

1st impressions are… wheres the parts ?

imho there should be links across the top to the various sections

i.e. 240 260 280 300 etc etc

Then go into sub sections i.e. engine parts, body parts, glass etc etc

Just a passing observation not a criticism :)

mick daniels

Well-Known Forum User
Mike

First thing that strikes me is 350z mentioned a lot, perhaps a top bar linking to all the Z's would be a thought, as you'll want people hitting the site to stay there and Know they're in the hands of an expert on every generation of Z.
Best of luck:)

Russ

Club Member
Sorry again Mike for the thread hijack, but yes breaking the site down into 240/260/280zx and so on, across the top is a good idea. After uni is finished I'll get on it.

Mr.F

Inactive
1st impressions are… wheres the parts ?
Only so many hours in the day! The range of stuff will build, but keeping existing customers served is the first priority! Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever get to the point where you can buy everything on line - anyway, "it's good to talk".

I think ultimately that groups of products will get copied into model specific categories as well as sitting in their manufacturers categories so the site becomes more "cross-linked". Don't forget I do 200SX, GTi-R and some Skyline (not to mention the odd Almera, Primera, Micra and Patrol) parts as well, so the site isn't just for Fairlady models and some items will have applications across several models.

350Z accessories took a priority because 350 owners like to buy on-line - simple fact of business life!

Thanks for your input - keep it coming! If no-one says anything then I'll just plod on in my own simple way!