New members area

Russ

Club Member
Hello all,

Have been working on a members area, so we can start managing things online better :)

We used to keep a good register of members and their vehicles, using the paper based member form. Well now you can do it yourself at

zclub.net/members

You can also update your personal details, so take a quick look and make sure we have your correct address etc.

I will be expanding this in the future, but for now at least we have all the things on the membership form pretty well covered in a web format. Let me know if you have any problems,

Cheers

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
Hi - I still think it's a good idea to have a members rides section where people can "show case" their cars.

Anyway - I've updated some of my details as requested.

Russ

Club Member
Zedhead: Completely agree, I want to link up the cars in here, to the cars in the drag database, to our own version of vb garage which pics and more details.

I'll have a nose at vbgarage and see what features from it we want :)

Russ

Club Member
Looks like it's playing up a little in Firefox and not in IE, I've got to go to work now so it might be a bit hit and miss until about 5.30 today, apologies!

JakTheRuby

Club Member
I updated mine (looks good but the wording on the buttons to save what you're doing is the same as when you edit them which could be misleading for people). A readers rides section is a fab idea Rob (although I currently have none to put in my own, there are some gorgeous cars on here!). Love it Russ. Pretty much another item to tick off the list.

260ZG

Club Member
Would it be possible to allow the date joined field to be updated?

Mine says june 00 when it should be rather earlier than that. IIRC someone (probably Burnsie) told me that the data base only goes back to 2000

Seems to work in FF 3.5.3 will try it in some earlier versions later

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
It worked ok for me Russ (IE) but I had a couple of 'script' messages which is quite common.

Agree with Jak that the working might be confusing e.g. it might be good when one car is entered to say 'Add Another Z Car' for example.

Will this update the admin database? If so that could get messy but it's needed for searching car etc .

A great job!

Russ

Club Member
Amazed it's working for you guys, having a look on my lunch break as the variant drop down isn't working for me.

260ZG: I think the "member since field" would need to be done on by someone, bit worried about letting anyone freestyle on it, but let me know when you joined and I'll fix it for you :)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
260ZG: I think the "member since field" would need to be done on by someone, bit worried about letting anyone freestyle on it, but let me know when you joined and I'll fix it for you :)

Russ, I THINK the date must be when the electronic Database was introduced. Mine says 2000 too but I joined in 96 if I remember correctly.

Russ

Club Member
Ok, can anyone who feels their member date is incorrect pm me with the date they'd like displayed :thumbs:

Have spent some time fixing it, should be better now. Some of you, if you had trouble adding a car, may find you have a few in there now so have a quick gander and you can delete any duplications :) Just check the variant (SWB/LWB) is correct to your model.

Also have changed wording slightly to make it more intuitive as per Jak & Rob's suggestions :)

Last edited by a moderator:

260Zues

Forum User
Unable to add 260Z Coupe?

Hi Russ,

I wanted to add my '78 260Z coupe but the form would only allow me to add the 2+2 varient?

Kind Regards,