New key from code

johnymd

Club Member
I lost my car key some time ago and managed to find one that works but is not perfect. I then noticed the key code is listed on a factory sticker in the glove box. Is it possible to obtain a replacement key from this code? It is a 240z US car with original locks and ignition. All the locks on the car are matching so it would be nice to not have to change them. I', sure I've seen a thread about this but can't find it.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Don't forget the ignition key is different from the door lock, so wouldn't you need two codes?

johnymd

Club Member
On most US cars the same double sided key fits the whole car.

I’ve just been talking to someone in the US. I’ve given him the code and he asked for a picture of the key that works but is stiff to turn. He can then verify that the code I have given him will work with my locks before he makes and ships them.

I spoke the the guy linked above on eBay UK and he cannot supply the 240z keys.

ShanksKop

Club Member
On most US cars the same double sided key fits the whole car.

I’ve just been talking to someone in the US. I’ve given him the code and he asked for a picture of the key that works but is stiff to turn. He can then verify that the code I have given him will work with my locks before he makes and ships them.

I spoke the the guy linked above on eBay UK and he cannot supply the 240z keys.
That's strange, what's the difference between a 240z and 280z key?

I got them cut via code from that chap

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk