New(ish) around here | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

New(ish) around here

Discussion in 'New to the website!' started by DJBZ, Jul 31, 2020.

1. DJBZ

DJBZ Forum User

Hello,

Been lurking for a while, but only created an account the other week because I'm thinking more seriously about S30 ownership and the people here are a great resource of information.

I've always liked 240/260/280z cars and will probably be adding a 'wanted' post to the classifieds soon.

This is my 350z of 4 years. Fairly standard appearance but some subtle mods elsewhere:

IMG-20190504-WA0002.jpg

Here she is with a nice Lotus Cortina. I managed to track down the current owner and for a day, reunited the car with my dad who owned it 45 years prior:

20200613_110523.jpg

At Japfest 2019:

20190505_130214.jpg
    Thanks,
    Dom

AliK, SacCyclone, Mr Tenno and 2 others like this.
  2. peter_s

peter_s
    Z Club Member

Welcome!

That is a very clean 350!

3. Bazzateer

Bazzateer
    Z Club Member

If my daily wasn't required as a tow car I'd go for a 350. Or, if I had the space.

4. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

I liked my 350.

Cortina - see pic me on right (my cousin is tall). Taken during infamous snowy 1971 RAC Rally.

Could it be the same car as your Dad's?

240z_17.jpg

SacCyclone likes this.
  5. DJBZ

DJBZ Forum User

Could always swap mine for the one pictured in your avatar ;)

Yep, MK1 or 2 Lotus Cortina looks like.

6. Bazzateer

Bazzateer
    Z Club Member

In your dreams!

Both are Mk2s. The Mk1 was a Lotus Cortina, the Mk2 was a Ford Cortina Lotus. Yes, I am pedant!

As an aside, the earlier ones had the 4 aux gauges in a raised centre section of the dash, the later ones had them below the top edge of the dash, same with the 1600E.

7. DJBZ

DJBZ Forum User

Yep, my dad's was a MK2 (1968 IIRC) with the 4 center gauges on top of the dash.

Bazzateer likes this.
  8. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

I know. What I meant was could it be the same actual car? Even has the reversing light.

9. SacCyclone

SacCyclone
    Z Club Member

Good luck with your S30 search Dom, lots of knowledgable chaps here ready to assist you along the way.
    Mike

DJBZ likes this.
  10. DJBZ

DJBZ Forum User

Oh! PM me the reg and I can tell you.

11. AD240Z

AD240Z
    Z Club Member

Hello - welcome . Loving the cortina pics