new classified system is poor.

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
to have my classified ads moved to members only when i spectfically requested for everyone isn't right.
so basically i'm paying MY membership for what?
to be told where and when (posted an ad probably 24 hours ago and still it still hasn't seen the light of day yet).

it's slippery slope.
that's what i have to say.
this has probably been discussed on a another thread but i don't want the risk of being charged for checking.

i hope i don't get banned or hung for my opinion.
and yes i didn't have a great nights sleep last night!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I have now approved your advert. Adverts placed yesterday have not been approved yet because none of us have had the time to do the admin work yet.

You pay your membership fee to be a full member of the club and to support the running of the club. The two tier classified section gives you a full member the ability to view and purchase items before a website member - this is considered to be a perk of full membership. Other perks are track action, valuation service etc.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
As a seller, what is the "perk" by offering to a narrow audience first ? Same thing happened when I placed a wanted advert - it's ridiculous. This whole classified thing has been a shambles.

Also, it asks me questions which don't even appear on the advert - like my phone number for example.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User

I don't recall seeing a cut off date for voting, neither do I recall any announcement that a "democratic" decision had been made.

Zedhead260, it's worth remembering that in the pre-website days adverts in our magazine or your 'classified sheet' weren't available to 'the world' from day one either.

Yes, but how the world has moved on since then - well, the rest of the world at least:unsure:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Rob

Guys, this change was done after a democratic vote.

When was that then

Oh you mean that "poll" we had......I thought that was a poll not a vote....two different things really.......

The words "By taking part in this poll you are directly voting to change the way in which classified adverts will be handled in the future, by not taking part you are missing your democratic right to a voice" would have been good.

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Is there no way to get the forum to automatically impose a time delay on non-paid members, to avoid having to wait for moderator approval of a for sale thread?

Dale

Club Member
It begs the question then... why does an ad or picture need approving anyway?

If someone wants to post something offensive, then it's as easy as starting a thread, which will be removed by an admin member as soon as its seen.

So lets scrap the approval thing? It'll save admin a lot of work!

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
Like I said slippery slope.

Has this been done on any other sites to anyones knowledge?
Or are we the only tits doing it.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
12th September 2009 -

Wow, that's almost 18 months to the day.

If it was "agreed" at the AGM - remind me what the democratic vote was for ??

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
Jesus you lot are a load of moaning old men with nothing better to do with your time, It's been voted on get over it and move on, Dragging up this issue over and over again is a waste of time.

What it it with some of you ?, Are you just out to drag the club down with every post you make.

I don't like the for sale section but if I have a problem I'll email or private message one of the admin with my concerns.

GET A GRIP!

Rob

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
LOL @ Rob ^

What would help is if you had stats of how many people are on this forum and how many are actual members..

As an example if there's 100 people but only 10 members, then not much point in restricting for sale ads to members only cos its limited coverage.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Rob

Sorry sir but you can pontificate all you want, at the end of the day like all other members I am "buying" a service (membership call it what you want) if its not up to scratch them I have a right to complain.

What I don't like is being TOLD what is going to happen based upon some quackery dressed up as a democratic process.

You might be happy, and that’s up to you, however you will not impose your "happiness" upon me despite your exuberant posts.

Good day sir.

rallymanDP

Well-Known Forum User
One aspect of the new system is that when a payed-up Member puts up a 'Wanted' Ad, those of us who have the parts available cannot respond for over a week - is that a benefit for the Members ?

andy

Well-Known Forum User
One aspect of the new system is that when a payed-up Member puts up a 'Wanted' Ad, those of us who have the parts available cannot respond for over a week - is that a benefit for the Members ?

Quite simply, yes! It gives paid up members the first opportunity to sell to them.

No Hands

Well-Known Forum User
I am new here and have just been reading this thread because i tried to read classifieds because i am looking for some parts to get my 260 back on the road.
Now i got the message that i didnt have permission to read a posting about new floorpans in the classifieds section.
Is this because im no paying member of this forum?

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
I am new here and have just been reading this thread because i tried to read classifieds because i am looking for some parts to get my 260 back on the road.
Now i got the message that i didnt have permission to read a posting about new floorpans in the classifieds section.
Is this because im no paying member of this forum?

Yes !! :confused: