New carbs and air box completed

PHIL HYETT

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Thought you might like to see the winter mod part 1 completed , New weber 45s and cold air induction box fitted . Fuel pipe to be looked at part 2 then I hope a quaiffe diff part 3 of my winter mods. Hope you like part 1

Regards Phil :driving:

Attachments

• IMG_0533_1.jpg
    IMG_0533_1.jpg
    957.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0532_1.jpg
    IMG_0532_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0529_1.jpg
    IMG_0529_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.G

Club Member
Part 1 is looking superb, nice to see so much attention to detail. I like the colour co-ordination, the heat shield under the carbs and it looks like you have also started to fit the moggy front strut bar.

The radiator looks great, what make is it?

PHIL HYETT

Well-Known Forum User
Rad

Mr G , Thanks for your kind words , Have tried my very best to do the mods the very best I can . tried to make it look as if it was ment to be there , as for the rad Mike inported it from the States , Motorsport Auto I think .

Regards
Phil :driving:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Phil that really is a very smart and purposeful engine bay. It is a credit to you :bow:

If you compared that to my 370Z engine bay it would look so much more interesting.

Radiator - the standard rad is rather a utilitarian looking object.

mark240z

Well-Known Forum User
looks very nice, but ive noticed the facet pump on the inner wing, if im rite in saying that they push better than they pull so would be more suited to being as close to the tank as possible???

PHIL HYETT

Well-Known Forum User
Pump

Mark . Yes the pump has been in that position for at least eight years and the car has run the Brighton Speed Trials for that time with no problem , But I might have to re position it , I am not sure , but you are quite correct in what you said , it would be better as a pusher . Glad you liked part 1 .

Regards Phil :driving:

Last edited by a moderator:

PHIL HYETT

Well-Known Forum User
But as a forum Phil we are allowed to pass negative opinions as well as praise. :D[/quote]

I understand that pmac, But happy to get the praise this time . Negative comments are going to be part of the web site , not all will agree, or like your car ,or what you have done , BUT it is the way it is written .

Regards
Phil . :driving:

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i do not want to be negative but i thought that you might have bypassed the fuel rail as it will get hot when the engine has been running,sometimes when mine is hot it does not start very well and that has no fuel rail.
on the postive side the engine bay looks great !!!!!!!! nice colour scheme

PHIL HYETT

Well-Known Forum User
Fuel rail

Moggy 240 . Yes you are right , I am looking to do somthing but have not decided how to move the fuel lines,but make it look as it was always like that , I dont want long loops of fuel line hanging in the engine bay , would like it neat and tidy but cooler , Any suggestions most welcome . I have to say I like the fuel rail but as you say right next to the hot rocker cover not good .

Regards

moggy240

Staff member
Club Member
i ran the fuel line from the existing feed pipe across the front of the rocker cover with a fuel pressure regulator and then under the radiator hose to the carbs with no return pipe.i will take a picture if it helps.some people prefer to run a return as it keeps the fuel cooler.i have seen some cars with the fuel lines coming from the bulkhead panel aswell and i was advised to move the fuel pump rear but i kept mine in the engine bay because it was easier and was being lazy !!!!!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Just to add that I don't have hot-starting probs with my standard fuel rail. Doesn't the circulating fuel cool it?

I did like my standard fan cooling the engine bay but that wrecked itself and I do now notice a bit more power (every little helps).

PHIL HYETT

Well-Known Forum User
Fuel pipes

moggy 240 Pictures would be great if you get time , always good to see a photo than try and visualise somthing . Send them to my e-mail if you like when you get a moment .

Regards

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
My fuel rail is made for triples, and I gather is a copy of what was on offer as a sports option from Nissan. No heat issues on mine. Could be more to do with having the facet working as a pull rather than a push. Also can help to have a return from the carbs, so there can be "hotter" fuel returning to the tank..not just about having the correct pressure, but flow....though some poeple don't run this way and it works for them....

Phil, I think there is pictures of my fuel rail in my engine thread if you fancy something else as an idea.

moggy240

Staff member
Club Member
it has only happened a couple of times on very hot days and perhaps the combination of the fuel pump location and no return pipe could be to blame.