New Brakes teaser

bigchef

Well-Known Forum User
Here are my new anchors for the 350z. 12pot front rotoras 15" discs :D

18908_12-Piston-Glamour-small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul_S

Club Member
I reckon you'll have a good chance of stopping with those on!

I guess these will work fine with the ABS as standard?

bigchef

Well-Known Forum User
For thems who don't know my 350z was damaged by my mechanic at the end of last year. At the time it had around 412rwhp.He lost it at hell knows what speed, launched the car, all four wheels off the floor,cleared a colvert, took out a fench that sat atop a 4ft wall and came to rest facing the direction in which it had just come!! Damage sustained was suprisingly minimal. Chassis is straight, but do luck body was ripped from the car along with various suspension pieces, intercooler and discharge piping for the Vortech. Also the front left wheel was destroyed, air bags deployed and mechanics ego shattered.
So I thought the cost of some serious brakes would outway the cost of another custom rebuild. LOL Oh and they look amazing in the flesh so to speak
They are ABS friendly and retain the handbrake. Only downside is errr...... you can't run your OEM wheels LOL

bigchef

Well-Known Forum User
We are in the process of rebuilding now so 5 months so far!! I have also taken the oppotunity (and the insurance money) to fit full coilovers with air assisted "pop up" feature as per certain ferrari and other supercars. Handy fpr clearing sleeping policemen and potholes alike. Adjustable camber, and toe componants, spring bucket delete arms, powergrid adjustable end links, full do luck widebody including "that wing", HRE wheels19x10 275 30 front and 19x12 325 25 rears, Nitto Invo rubber.
The list goes on....

BRONZEE

Well-Known Forum User
Goodness, I can't even imagine how he explained that one after the incident. One probably most of our worst fears if we have to hand the car over to someone else to drive (with bamboo under the nails).

Great that it's all coming together. Do you do some track days to get serious benefit out of those monster brakes? What pads are you running?

3FIDDYZ

Forum User
We are in the process of rebuilding now so 5 months so far!! I have also taken the oppotunity (and the insurance money) to fit full coilovers with air assisted "pop up" feature as per certain ferrari and other supercars. Handy fpr clearing sleeping policemen and potholes alike. Adjustable camber, and toe componants, spring bucket delete arms, powergrid adjustable end links, full do luck widebody including "that wing", HRE wheels19x10 275 30 front and 19x12 325 25 rears, Nitto Invo rubber.
The list goes on....

PopUps.... You running the KW system or have you gone for the real deal Roberuta cups?

Got any process pics?

Mark

bigchef

Well-Known Forum User
Hoping to paint next week. Will have some update pics soon. Widebody looking real cool... Colour should be amazing...
Watch this space...

Russ

Club Member
Looks insane, you'll break and rip the tyre from the rim :D

Do these just bolt onto the standard caliper mounts? I.e. they might fit a 300zx as well if they do (with massive wheels).

You need a courtesy mode on your ECU to detune it to 50bhp for when you leave it with mechanics :D

bigchef

Well-Known Forum User
everythjing bolts up to factory mounts. i.e no fabrication neccessary
Nice idea re. courtesy mode however I think the bashing his wallet has taken will detere future use of the lead booted right foot ;)

Visiting the car today to check all gapping and alignment of panels before paint :driving:

bigchef

Well-Known Forum User
Not HOK no, but a mix of a couple of products and procedures. Painted a test panel yesterday looks amazing, bottle green through blue to deep violet whilst all the time looking black depending on the light. Real cool unlike the usual chameleons that have every other colour under the sun as well... Should be on the road within 2 weeks if all goes well :thumbs:

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
your brakes look awesome !!!!! i cant wait to see the car finished ,the paint sounds great !!!