New boy...

Lee Higham

Club Member
Just having the seats done has there were a few rips and the foam had started to fall apart. Eventually I will get it resprayed, when you get up close it’s showing it’s age.
But for now the plan is to drive and enjoy it.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I kinda remember that one being for sale now. Welcome anyway. What are your plans for the car .... ?

Hi Lee, I know the car from when it was auctioned. I viewed it at Warwick and followed it with interest for a while because the new owner (in Leicester) was attempting to 'flip' it at 100% 'mark up'. That was about 3 years ago .

Two comments from the pictures - be careful with the +ve battery lead being so close to the body - a huge design fault. Some people turn the battery around. Secondly you appear to have a 'Euro' (desirable) balance bar on the inlet manifold i.e. it doesn't have all the casting mounts for US emissions gubbins.

Good luck with the car - it's a smart 'looker' and welcome to the Club.

Lee Higham

Club Member
Hi Lee, I know the car from when it was auctioned. I viewed it at Warwick and followed it with interest for a while because the new owner (in Leicester) was attempting to 'flip' it at 100% 'mark up'. That was about 3 years ago .

Two comments from the pictures - be careful with the +ve battery lead being so close to the body - a huge design fault. Some people turn the battery around. Secondly you appear to have a 'Euro' (desirable) balance bar on the inlet manifold i.e. it doesn't have all the casting mounts for US emissions gubbins.

Good luck with the car - it's a smart 'looker' and welcome to the Club.

Hi Rob,
Thanks for the heads up on the battery lead. I noticed the long bolt on the negative post when I first got the car and replaced that for a shorter one and turned it the other way up (nut to the bottom) It was very close to hitting the underneath of the bonnet.

Cheers Lee

Lee Higham

Club Member
Hi Rob,
There is some paper work with the car regarding the sale at auction and a picture of the car with black wheels with a chrome rims.
The previous owner changed the wheels, steering wheel, gear knob and carpets he also had the carbs rebuilt (Must admit runs spot on..)
Lee