New arrival

Timbo

Club Member
Good morning.
New to the site but looking forward to spending time here, making acquaintances and learning all I can about these fabulous cars.
Filled a lifelong ambition to own one this week with the arrival of the 260z picture below.
‘Excited’ doesn’t quite cut it and will undoubtedly post more than my fair share of pictures as I settle into ownership. I will try to temper my enthusiasm.
No major modifications planned as the car is in top condition, but a few niggles will need addressing at some point. A non functioning rev counter being one, but driving and enjoying it (when permitted considering the current limitations) are my first priorities.
Have built and modified previous cars so no stranger to a socket set.
For now, I look forward to reading through the many snippets of information here and checking out some your pride and joys.
Timbo9F87AA90-5A9A-4867-8FB7-D8C33F7E9C9D.jpeg7FAEF6D4-DE05-4949-9E5B-3BD1AB666DE2.jpegF4AFA929-6D5A-4489-BC38-D03AF500C057.jpeg 0B69BC53-B5EB-47C5-8CA6-9969E138A882.jpeg

Last edited:

atomman

Club Member
Welcome to the club !

lots of great info on here and knowledgeable people , looks like a great start with some work already done to it , and it does look good in that metallic grey to

Seikoking

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome. Nice looking motor that . I’m having the same issue with my tach but there’s lots of helpful folk on here, hopefully you’ll have it sorted soon.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Really tidy looking car, looks to have has some serious money spent, can see the Weber’s, mishimoto rad and also a one off fuel tank, has the motor been worked over too?

Timbo

Club Member
Welcome. Nice looking motor that . I’m having the same issue with my tach but there’s lots of helpful folk on here, hopefully you’ll have it sorted soon.
Thank you and let me know if you get a fix before I do.
Interested to understand the background to 'SeikoKing'
at some point too. I'm technically 'CasioKing'....

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Bazzateer

Club Member
Saw that on eBay, very nice indeed. I'd certainly be looking to get the seller to fix the tacho, unless you negotiated a appropriate discount.

Seikoking

Well-Known Forum User
Thank you and let me know if you get a fix before I do.
Interested to understand the background to 'SeikoKing'
at some point too. I'm technically 'CasioKing'....

If your car has had the ignition upgraded have a look at this thread...

https://zclub.net/community/index.p...rk-with-modern-ecu-signals.23237/#post-268753

The Seikoking name is one I used on another forum about watches, another of my interests. Seiko have a prestige range known as Grand Seiko (previously 'JDM' only until a few years ago) and regarded as some of the best watches in the world to rival many of the global big hitters, but they also offered a second tier range back in the 60's and 70's called King Seiko. When I fist got into watches, Seiko was a big interest because their range ran from just a few £'s - something I could afford and enjoy, up to many thousands. The Seikoking name adopted as a result of that interest!

Timbo

Club Member
If your car has had the ignition upgraded have a look at this thread...

https://zclub.net/community/index.p...rk-with-modern-ecu-signals.23237/#post-268753

The Seikoking name is one I used on another forum about watches, another of my interests. Seiko have a prestige range known as Grand Seiko (previously 'JDM' only until a few years ago) and regarded as some of the best watches in the world to rival many of the global big hitters, but they also offered a second tier range back in the 60's and 70's called King Seiko. When I fist got into watches, Seiko was a big interest because their range ran from just a few £'s - something I could afford and enjoy, up to many thousands. The Seikoking name adopted as a result of that interest!

Thank you for the link.
Nice to understand your appreciation for Seiko and their watches. I know something of their history and have some friends there.
I hail from Casio having been a part of them for the last 25 years and have a particular interest in G-Shock, which might possibly be why I’ve ended up with a Japanese classic car.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Just seen this! Wow! That is a stunning car!!!!

Welcome to the club.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Welcome - car looks very good - be interested to see what else you are going to do with it, or what it needs - not much by the looks of it! Any areas need improvement - how's the interior?

Timbo

Club Member
Interior is good.
Dash has 1 crack which I will get fixed up, but otherwise everything else intact and in good shape.
aae49e5864ce66ba9bbe581bbbfcb59d.jpg

Timbo

Club Member
Really tidy looking car, looks to have has some serious money spent, can see the Weber’s, mishimoto rad and also a one off fuel tank, has the motor been worked over too?
Not that I'm aware of, no. But she runs smoothly, no smoke and has been set up with DCOEs well.
Sounds amazing too.