New 280z Owner

Joey Bratten

Forum User
Hello Everyone,

Just a first post to introduce myself. Joey.

I have bought Liam's 280z project shell from him along with the RHD conversion. I've know Liam a few years and unfortunately I know who he bought it off, I got the engine running initially in the car just before Liam took ownership.

I am fully aware of everything with the car and I am building it for myself to keep so it does not concern me.

The stable currently consists of a few cars built by myself RX7 FD, a uk s13 with a 1JZ and a S15 Silvia, I am also building a Ford Pop Hotrod with my old man and finishing off a Riley Elf with a B16a Honda Vtec Engine.

I wont be starting the build for a little while but I'll be lurking in here for tips and advice before it kicks off.

Hopefully I get to it sooner rather than later Ha.

Cheers,

Joey

LiamR

Club Member
Hey bud!

Glad you managed to join! I recommend purchasing the membership so you have access to the other bits on the forum.

I know you will bring it back to it's full potential and give it the TLC it needs. Glad it's gone to a great guy and I'll still be able to see it and work on it with you.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Welcome to the forum - you've got yourself a big project there!

Given the current state of the shell it's going to need a large amount of panels / fabrication to make it safe - what's the plan?

Joey Bratten

Forum User
Thanks all! I will get a membership sorted ASAP.

It will be good to be able to share it with you still Liam, will be great to see your new one arrive this week

Yeah I’ve definitely got a job on my hand Tenno. I’ve sorted a bunch of panels from Andy, most of which will replace the entire panels that have a weld through them, Liam has sorted me the Quarter so hopefully it’ll get to a state where there’s not really much cut and shut left. It’s looks a mammoth task but I think my plan of attack will be straight forward enough.

For piece of mind I will most likely be putting a cage in it of some sort.

I’m quite partial to sliding cars around so I’m going to put a Nissan s13 rear subframe in and attempt to put some sort of s13 front suspension too. I maybe able to retrofit a s13 steering rack then, who knows.

Engine wise, I’m ambitious, I want to do something that’s not been done before, at least in the U.K. I’ve idea on the table but I don’t want to put pen to paper yet as it maybe too much but who knows!

First off I need to finish the rx7 and s13 before I can even think of starting the 280z.

The Riley elf is very cool, caged, buckets, ad08s, wide 13s, all tucked behind a wannabe rolls mini haha

Joey Bratten

Forum User
that would be ace. you can get 6-800bhp out of those.

I drive the new version in my daily, its an amazing engine.

No one in the UK has a 400bhp L6.

My dodgy cut and shut welds may rattle apart with a Diesel engine though ‍♂️

Last edited: