Need headlight recommendations | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Need headlight recommendations

Discussion in 'S30 (240Z,260Z,280Z) Electrical' started by Mr Tenno, May 10, 2019.

1. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

OK with fresh determination to get my car sorted for next year's Donington - I need some headlights. The whole lot, bulbs, reflectors, relay harnesses etc.

Any recommendations?

2. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

tyroguru and Mr Tenno like this.
  3. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Anyone else? There's such an array to choose from!

4. toopy

toopy
    Z Club Member

I done my rewiring myself buying seperate bits as required, so can't comment on the wiring kits.

Headlights, depends if your staying more OEM or more modern led etc, searching for 7" headlight on ebay brings up plenty of choice.

Did you see John Palmers lights in his grey car?

I would suggest tho, if you want it to look more standard but with better light output, buy units that have a modern rear reflector with plain glass, as the genuine originals with the lense/focusing aspect on the glass with a plain reflector can't hold a candle, pun intended to the alternate ones!

5. Matt Berry

Matt Berry
    Z Club Member

6. MaximG

MaximG
    Z Club Member

7. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer in training Staff Member Moderator

I bought a pair of Wipac Quadoptics but haven't tried them yet. About £30.

8. Matt Berry

Matt Berry
    Z Club Member

On the other lights they offer they have a LHD/RHD option to select before you buy. Can’t seem to see it on that particular model, but as the rest have the option I would assume they did. Would double check before committing to the order though