NEC Classic Car Show

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm pleased to announce that the Z Club will be attending the NEC Classic Car show this year. This decision was taken in response to your input through our 'events for 2013 poll'.

I volunteered at the AGM last year to 'lead' on this with support from Charles Leekam (ChasL).

The show runs for 3 days - Fri-Sun November 15,16 and 17th. Full details can be found here:

The Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show NEC Birmingham November 15th 16th 17th

We will be displaying 4 cars (space is limited) across the range that we cater for.

We have a 240Z, 280Z (2 seater), Z31 Turbo and Z32 SWB. Our stand is adjacent to the Classic Z Register and the Nissan Cedric 300C Register.

This is quite a commitment (4 days including set-up) and so I'm hoping to see lots of members during the weekend.

Full Z Club members can purchase tickets for Sat and/or Sun at a reduced rate. Details will be posted soon in our 'Members Only' section. It is a stipulation of the organisers that this reduced 'ticketing' is strictly for 'Members Only'.

More details will follow as I pull the things together but worthy of mention is that our 280ZX exhibitor Andrew Guy (fae821w) and his car fall very nicely into the overall theme for the show this year which is 'reunited'. Andrew bought his car new and then after many years apart bought it back at an auction a couple of years ago. I'm hoping this will get the Club extra publicity.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Thats good Rob,least club funds are not going to waste like they did in the past

Actually if we can retain ticket stubs (from Members buying through our Club 'offer') and present them to the organisers after the show we get £1 donated to the Club. I need to just ensure I understand the process before I communicate this

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Rob
I have been wanting to go for ages nice one!!! I will be going. Plus as you say could help the club too:thumbs:

280REZ

280ZX 2 + 2 Targa ,Auto 1981
Club Member
Will be attending my first NEC on the Sunday - Julie (Wife) looking forward to it as well.

:280Z:

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
Nice to visit the ZClub stand today and touch base with the guys and Chaz L displaying his beautiful white Slicktop Z32. Good show as always and well worth the visit...:bow:

zedboy

Club Member
Great day yesterday! Thanks! For me, the 280ZX was the highlight of our stand - it's great to see such a genuine, unmolested 280 2 seater!!!

Mr.F

Inactive
a genuine, unmolested 280 2 seater!!!

So why no pictures of it yet...? Here's a quicky...
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF0058 (Large).jpg
    DSCF0058 (Large).jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 270
Last edited by a moderator:

zedboy

Club Member
A few more....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20131116_125937.jpg
    20131116_125937.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 360
  • 20131116_125907.jpg
    20131116_125907.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 314
  • 20131116_125805.jpg
    20131116_125805.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 310

candy red

Club Member
Had a great time at the NEC today,was nice to meet people face to face and have a good old chat;) there was a good choice of cars representing the Z club well done to all of you for taking the time and effort to do this :bow: and to those who made this happen,good to meet Moggy an chat about valuations :) the stand certainly drew the crowds people just loved the Zs as we all do:D

I would also like to say a big thank you for the trophy i was presented with as Best Z member 2013 to say the least i was totally gobsmacked and lost for words,didn't even know their was such a trophy .Thanks to the people who voted for me still a little unsure why i won this thanks once again :bow::bow::D

Heres a pic

280REZ

280ZX 2 + 2 Targa ,Auto 1981
Club Member
We had a great day yesterday and was nice to meet some faces. Well done to the team for all their hard work and dedication. Out of interest I guess everybody saw the 260

Reza & Julie

:thumbs:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Phew, exhibiting at the NEC Classic Car Show is a bit of a marathon to be honest. However I think it was good for the Z CLUB to be there and remind Z owners of who we are.

Judging by your comments and those of the general public we had a good selection of cars that people could relate to. From what I saw they all got about the same amount of attention so that shows that we are on track with the theme 'one club all the cars'.

Sorry I didn't attend on Saturday but the stand was in good hands.

The highlight for me was meeting Club members, some of whom had been names on our membership database until last weekend. You guys voted on our 'Events for 2013 Poll' and turned up to support the Club :thumbs:

Well done Derrick for being awarded the Allan Exley Clubman of the Year award. Like you Allan attended many events and was very proud of his Z (240 Samuri).

Charles Leekam will feature the show in the next Newsletter for those who aren't internet junkies.

Finally we couldn't afford a topless model to promote our stand so good old Steve Burns 'stood in'.
attachment.php

He is sure an Unmolested Beauty as well

Attachments

• SV200871.JPG
    SV200871.JPG
    676.2 KB · Views: 296
Last edited by a moderator:

candy red

Club Member
Thanks Rob for reason i was awarded this trophy still quite stunned :thumbs

Now have a rest after all your hard work, along with the other guys well done matey :cheers:

Derrick:)

Dale

Club Member
Well done Rob, and everyone else who helped out.

It looks like it was a great weekend, and no doubt all that hard work has given Zeds and our club a big boost in publicity.

:thumbs: