Nec 2016

JK240

Club Member
I'm on the 'other' clubs stand at the NEC this weekend, so if anyone's down come and say hi, and there's a Toyota 2000 GT just yards away from us too

Attachments

• IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 97

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm in Chesterfield all weekend.

Love that 'race' car in the middle - tell me about it please.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
Looking good JK ;)
I agree with Rob, that number 240 Z looks stunning. I may pop up and take a look over the weekend.

Gaz 300

Well-Known Forum User
Call in with us also at the 300zx stand and say hello. We have a LWB, SWB, Slicktop and a Convertible z32 300zx.

http://www.300zx.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?186196-NEC-pics-thread

nec%203_zps1nt0xqsp.jpg

nec2_zpsp3csbcd3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
When Z32s and 240/260Zs are present on their respective stands at the NEC - the UK's most important indoor classic show - where does that leave this club ? The 280 Z/ZXs ?

Or are we merely an online forum ?

Not having a go because being online today is a massive advantage with plenty of visiting traffic so the opportunies are there to communicate our passion and knowledge....but perhaps needing some more definite direction ?

Gaz 300

Well-Known Forum User
When Z32s and 240/260Zs are present on their respective stands at the NEC - the UK's most important indoor classic show - where does that leave this club ? The 280 Z/ZXs ?

Or are we merely an online forum ?

Not having a go because being online today is a massive advantage with plenty of visiting traffic so the opportunies are there to communicate our passion and knowledge....but perhaps needing some more definite direction ?

It can be very hard to get members to show there cars from a Thursday to Sunday then we have hotel bills and food, (although food is being payed by the members this year) so its not easy getting the members to give up there time and cars to promote the club but they do leave the show with great pride that there Z has been on display at one of the UK's biggest classic car shows.

JK240

Club Member
I agree with you Gaz, it's s commitment is a four day show, but worth while. The show is excellent, just love the Toyota 2000 GT parked so unassumingly like it's just any old thing in a supermarket car park and I'm sure walked past by many without any idea it's a £1m plus car...!!
Rob Riddler, sorry I missed you twice, Good to catch up with a few others though and I'll make sure I pop by tomorrow Gaz :)

Attachments

• IMG_1441.JPG
    IMG_1441.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
They did better at Le Mans Classic 4 yrs ago but still approachable.

Do you notice anything 'strange' about this car ?

Attachments

• 070720121051.jpg
    070720121051.jpg
    720.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Le Mans Classic 007.jpg
    Le Mans Classic 007.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Le Mans Classic 008.jpg
    Le Mans Classic 008.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 42

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I agree with you Gaz, it's s commitment is a four day show, but worth while. The show is excellent, just love the Toyota 2000 GT parked so unassumingly like it's just any old thing in a supermarket car park and I'm sure walked past by many without any idea it's a £1m plus car...!!
Rob Riddler, sorry I missed you twice, Good to catch up with a few others though and I'll make sure I pop by tomorrow Gaz :)
Three times actually! But not to worry - you were no doubt off looking at all the other cars. I is an amazing show. We were there for 8 hours and we didn't get round everything.

JK240

Club Member
Just back from a great show, been there since Thursday, cost me a fortune and I'm knackered but it was absolutely worth it. I've met some amazing people, some I knew already and some new guys that I'm sure will become firm friends. I've not enjoyed a static show so much for a long time. Good times, and the car drove there and back like a dream :thumbs:

art b

Well-Known Forum User
Good to meet you jk..I was with that candyred bloke...:)
Well done on spending so long at the venue:thumbs:

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Hadn't been for a few years but was some really interesting machinery on show this year. Good to meet you again Jonathan and was awesome to see the Z's out and in a good spot in what I thought was the best hall of the show!

Was that 2000GT genuine? It was near enough hidden which was odd..