nasty moment today.

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
Well the thing I feared occurred today, One of the wheels studs holding on those massive 30mm wheel spacers I'm using broke sometime over the last week or so, And the other 3 nuts came loose leaving me sitting on the side of the duel carriage way with a very wobbly front wheel.

I managed to revers down the slip road I'd park on which was only 200 yards from my local spanner monkeys :rolleyes:, The lent me a jack and some tool and I tightened up the the 3 nuts that are left, Off I trundled the 1/2 mile home very gingerly and ordered a new set of studs for that hub from Mike.

I really don't like spacers and only used them to get me on the road, I did try to run with out them but the 14" slots wont clear either my new 4 pot front brakes or the rear disc conversion, I'm breaking a mates car at the moment and my fee is a new set of 16" mini lites so hopefully one day very soon I'll be sticking the spacers on fleabay ;).

So beware guys and check those spacer nuts if you use them :thumbs:.

Rob

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Very lucky there matey !!! could have been very nasty :eek:. Spike used to have slot mag wheels machined to clear brakes in the old days, guess it would not be worth it nowadays because there is no tyre choice for 14" wheels. Which 16" minilites you going for ? Image ?