MZR Roadsports: Evolving The Datsun 240Z in England

AD240Z

Club Member
It’s a shame Rahail is no longer active on the forums ... it would be interesting to have his commentary on MZR projects on here.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
It's probably a wise choice to let the MZR cars - and MZR's craftsmanship - speak for themselves.
Don't really get it, although I understand the modernisation of some classics is a thing. It's just Spike fannying about in a shed about without the racing pedigree.

Last edited:

uk66fastback

Club Member
I don’t like the body shape on that Speedhunters link. It’s just all a bit comical and modern for me. Of course it’s not the same shape as the pic in the original post from Robbie ...

AD240Z

Club Member
I don’t like the body shape on that Speedhunters link. It’s just all a bit comical and modern for me. Of course it’s not the same shape as the pic in the original post from Robbie ...

Robbies post says the wide body looks interesting - the speed hunters link is the one I’ve seen referred to as the wide body.

The image is a different car - the MZR 50

5C63FEAF-407F-440E-9D21-ABED60DA423E.jpeg

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
I'm surprised MZR have been around for 50 years.
? Do you think in 40 years time we'll be arguing about whether it's a real MZR. I would suggest no one will give a flying f.ck and would rather have a stock 240z, Fairlady, S30........

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Probs the main demand in the future might be be a properly restored (MZR) bodyshell that can be got back to original spec., strip off the nonsense, get the flakey wiring loom back and the shit plastics, job done.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
the MZR 50

Thanks.

I like the original body and I like the MZR50, I'm not as keen on the 'widebody'.

The MZR50 looks right if you want super wide wheels - classy (as has been stated). People do similar things with E Types.

It has a modern look but the bumpers are retained - I'd like to see one without for comparison.

https://www.eaglegb.com/

Last edited:

peter_s

Club Member
Is this just an image or have they produced a car?
I've seen the work in progress on their Instagram.

When it comes to the other cars, I don't like their fender flared model at all. Their flares take away from the elegant lines IMHO. I like the classic understated look of their standard mod the best, I prefer it to the one we are discussing here