MZR does it again ! :-)

that is very lovely. very tasteful also.

Is it on 14" wheels? Its a shame he doesn't post much on here anymore, it'd be nice to have that sort of quality here.

tel240z

Club Member
Yes very nice but is the engine bay going to be that clean and uncluttered when finished as i have noted the absence of wiper arms strut brace and wiring looms, obviously brace and wipers will included but i am wondering if wiring has been hidden for good effect

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Yes very nice but is the engine bay going to be that clean and uncluttered when finished as i have noted the absence of wiper arms strut brace and wiring looms, obviously brace and wipers will included but i am wondering if wiring has been hidden for good effect

I've seen the car in person, and a lot of effort has gone into the re-routing of the wiring and plumbing in an effort to 'clean up' the engine bay and - in particular - the front crossmember/front valance area. It makes a big difference visually, and all the more so with a bright paint colour like 918 Grand Prix Orange.

I've noticed that a lot of people who are new to the S30-series Z are often surprised to see the front section of the wiring loom/harness so exposed at the front of the car as it passes through the radiator support panel and crosses over the front of the car via the radiator support crossmember. "Surely that can't be original?" and "that looks very vulnerable/ugly" are the types of comments I've heard. Personally it doesn't bother me, but there's no denying that the effect is quite surprising when all the wires and bendy tabs are suddenly not there anymore....

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
They produce some fantastic cars.

I would have thought that they would have wanted to be an official 'Trader' on here instead of you Sean acting on their behalf (or that's what it seems like).

A 'Trader' producing that quality of work and hopefully great customer focus should have nothing to fear.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Car looks simply stunning, I love those seats in particular. The only thing I'd really change is adding some 15's to fill the arches a bit better. Otherwise perfect.

Price seems more than reasonable considering the level of build and specification for a much better than new S30. If anything I'd say its cheap, could quite easily compare this to other companies resto modding other marques of car for far bigger price tags imo.

atomman

Club Member
They have done a very good job and the little details make a big difference to the engine bay making it look a lot cleaner,

I had those seats I'm my last 240 and am planing on putting them in my new one to, very comfy and help on the corners to keep you in while not being a full bucket seat with the problems of getting in and out.

Just hope I can make my 918 car look half as great as that one,

by the way where have they put the coil ?

Car looks simply stunning, I love those seats in particular. The only thing I'd really change is adding some 15's to fill the arches a bit better. Otherwise perfect.

Price seems more than reasonable considering the level of build and specification for a much better than new S30. If anything I'd say its cheap, could quite easily compare this to other companies resto modding other marques of car for far bigger price tags imo.

I think it looks so much better for having some extra rubber on the wheels. The cars sit so much better on 14" wheels. That's if they are 14" wheels.

They produce some fantastic cars.

I would have thought that they would have wanted to be an official 'Trader' on here instead of you Sean acting on their behalf (or that's what it seems like).

A 'Trader' producing that quality of work and hopefully great customer focus should have nothing to fear.

Sean posts on every car that comes for sale, I don't think its fair to say he acts on their behalf.

What would he gain by being a registered 'trader' on here?

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
I think it looks so much better for having some extra rubber on the wheels. The cars sit so much better on 14" wheels. That's if they are 14" wheels.

I may be wrong but wheels look like RKRs to me ?
If so, they are only available in 15 inch.

205/60/15 still gives you plenty of rubber for that old school look either way.

richiep

Club Member
I may be wrong but wheels look like RKRs to me ?
If so, they are only available in 15 inch.

205/60/15 still gives you plenty of rubber for that old school look either way.

On this car (unlike the previous ones sold with RKRs) they are the real deal RS Watanabes, and look to be 14" ones. There's a pic on Facebook.

Am I right the wiring is being run along the inside edge of the frame rail instead of on top? And inside the cross-member of the rad support? Similarly the brake lines? Very tidy.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I had those seats I'm my last 240 and am planing on putting them in my new one to, very comfy and help on the corners to keep you in while not being a full bucket seat with the problems of getting in and out.

Just hope I can make my 918 car look half as great as that one,

Good to know, they certainly look the business and are on my long term list. Sounds like they retain functionality and comfort while offering some more support :) If you don't mind my asking, do you know how much a pair of those roughly go for?

Don't get me wrong I like having higher profile rubber, but I also like the arch filled. Each to their own and all though, I think 50+ of 15's and your rocking it personally....

For the record for those asking I've seen this elsewhere through FB and Instagram and they were confirmed as 14" Watanabes wheels.