My transformed 260z

WillsZed

Club Member
Some of you may know this car but i purchased it from Rob Johnson (Vpulsar) on here around a year ago and have been working on it ever since.

All credit to Rob, he put the car together very well indeed and to date, although i havent covered many miles, the engine and mechanics are running very very well indeed.

Since my purchase i have been continuing to restore the car in every aspect but also create something a bit different to your everyday Zed.

I will update further once i find some time but a few before and after shots to wet the appetite and to show you how i have brought the car on since purchase.

Week after purchase/Before.....

Now a year on/ The After.........

My photobucket has just gone down so more to follow when its up and running. Be good to hear thoughts.

Many thanks

Wills:thumbs:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Look at that 3/4 picture in front of the castle/stately home and consider that this car (S30) was sold from 1969.

We discussed this at Donington over the weekend. Zeds look great standard or modified.

Lovely!

tel240z

Club Member
Now that is very nice indeed :thumbs:

Wills i owned that car before Rob bought it from me probably about 6 years ago, i bought it from an mg enthusiast that had owned it for 20 years or so and had been restoring it for a long time quality shell is that one

riske

Active Forum User
Really nice. The black detail seems to have made all the difference. Look forward to seeing more

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Wills, the guy who bought my old Datsun did some black 'detailing' and he included the window surrounds. Not sure how long that would last though.

Attachments

• Malta240Z.jpg
    Malta240Z.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 69

racer

Club Member
It's amazing how a few details can transform the look of a car. So much better now.
I do agree with Ian on the tyres, and the front really needs dropping down to complete the look Imo.
Overall a great job!

atomman

Club Member
It's amazing how a few details can transform the look of a car. So much better now.
I do agree with Ian on the tyres, and the front really needs dropping down to complete the look Imo.
Overall a great job!

Maybe just the white writing on the back ?

I agree with you about lowering the front, but the front archs seem to be fittted way higher than the rears ?

Mine was like this and I refitted the rear's further up to get a more even look,

Not that i dont think it looks great becuase it does :thumbs:

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I like it ,a massive improvement over the old look !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

datsfun

Club Member
Personal taste, but I like the white lettering on the tyres.

Steve

So do I;)

It's also as style statement frequently seen on many JDM cars...have a feeling we will be seeing many more cars wearing white lettering as the scene catches on:D

tel240z

Club Member
Ahh how these 2 cars have changed in 8 years
11614d1368392660-my-transformed-260z-image005-jpg

Attachments

• Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited by a moderator: