My new project | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

My new project

Discussion in 'Anything and everything' started by JK240, Nov 18, 2018.

1. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

I know some of you guys will know, but after the Sam went I bought myself a Porsche 968 Sport, which whilst in itself was a great car and did everything really well it just wasn’t me at all, just a bit soul-less.

So I sold it, and as I can’t really afford to put all my money into another Z at the moment (a daughter at university looming and other such expenses) so I’ve gone back to my first love and bought another Lambretta.

The scooter in question is quite a rare thing in itself for anyone that knows about these beauties, a 1964 Eibar Li150 S2 Winter. And in stunningly original condition, I’ve never seen one quite so good and all I plan to do is rebuild the engine and then preserve the bodywork as much as possible, keeping it as original as I can whilst being totally reliable (ha ha, lammy’s yeah right).

Cool pit bike for Donington though eh?

Cheers

JK

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  2. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer in training Staff Member Moderator

Interesting, I know you like scooters. I can remember those with the rounded front mudguard.

I see you've installed a 'couch' so that you can get a pint of lager and admire it!

Keep us informed of progress please.

3. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

You keep going downhill then.....:D

4. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Great rolling project JK. In 1977 I offered a guy down the road £5 for his D reg Lambretta. He said no, he wanted twice that! I didn’t have the money as I was only 15 at the time. Shame!

5. Sam_C

Sam_C
    Z Club Member

Welcome back, JK! Whilst you’ve been away I’ve been keeping the faith. Currently refreshing the Flaxton Flyer, which I built in 2000.

[​IMG]

60DBAA81-3862-4DF9-B8B7-A326E80CA23B.jpeg

Attached Files:

JK240 likes this.
  6. yellowz

yellowz
    Z Club Member

My eyes, my eyes. it burns!

and what is the slipper all about?

7. Sam_C

Sam_C
    Z Club Member

I guess I haven’t got the hang of posting photos yet...

8. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

Ha ha, yeah I think I’ll be spending a good deal of time in the garage over the winter so I thought I needed to be comfy :D
    The things we should have done, eh Mike. I bought my last scooter as a project for about 800 quid in about 2002, this one cost over 4 times that, but still a bargain in my opinion anyway.

Cheers Sam, that looks good. Maybe catch up at one of the Yorkshire rallies next year :thumbs:

9. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Over here is where you pick 'em up cheap - may mate does that and flogs them for a tidy profit at Beaulieu.

10. Sam_C

Sam_C
    Z Club Member

Lower values for those French scooters Sean, with them being LHD......

11. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Shyt, forgot about that I'm so used to it. Bigger, federal bumpers too AND in kms so sorry, commentaire inutile dessus !

12. moggy240

moggy240 INSURANCE VALUATIONS OFFICER Staff Member Moderator

Painted a few of these in my time surprising how many parts there are to paint.

13. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

has anyone on here got a proper motorbike?

14. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

You mean instead of a hairdryer?

Not currently but had a few in the past ... too old now.

15. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Yes, scooters are nice for kids and girls.

16. Sam_C

Sam_C
    Z Club Member

Not all of them!

72AD8595-B4A0-4A6C-85E0-3B1B7C4FC6DB.png

franky likes this.
  17. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

bet that was fun!

18. JK240

JK240
    Z Club Member

Yawn....!

19. yellowz

yellowz
    Z Club Member

upload_2018-11-20_20-39-13.png

Terminal velocity - does that mean it died from going that fast..................................

20. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member

I basically traded my Laverda 750s for my 260z in 2002 when it dawned on me that a) I was never going to be Mick Doohan and b) if I kept falling off as regularly as I was then sooner or later I would really hurt myself. And that would really hurt.
    I haven't regretted it. I now just hurt myself falling off bicycles.