my new motor its a turbo!

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
Hi guys I know most of you wouldn't give a toss but here's my new motor in all it's glory ;).

saabpics001.jpg

saabpics002.jpg

saabpics003.jpg

saabpics004.jpg

Its still 22 years old but a lot more modern and easier to live with as my everyday than the Z could of ever been plus the whole family can get in it including the dog lol.

Rob

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
Yeh I could live with that.

Looks a good example too!

Just goes to show you can indeed polish a turd Rob :rolleyes::lol:.

I spent all day cutting back the paint then polishing it and it looks OK, Just call in a 10 pace motor ;), It really needs repainting mate it's not terrible but I want it perfect so I'm going to get saving because it's going to cost about 4k to get it done properly inside and out.

I'm getting two rust free doors to replace both of my one that are quite rusty at the bottoms, I've ordered new stiffer springs and shock and an exhaust in on the cards to see how funds go, It will be a rolling project :driving:.

Rob

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
I had a much earlier 2 door version. Great car but with horrendous turbo lag. A mini could beat me off the traffic lights! I assume that problem was sorted on the later cars.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I want it perfect so I'm going to get saving because it's going to cost about 4k to get it done properly inside and out.

I'm getting two rust free doors to replace both of my one that are quite rusty at the bottoms, I've ordered new stiffer springs and shock and an exhaust in on the cards to see how funds go, It will be a rolling project :driving:.

Rob

Here we go again ;)

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
I had a much earlier 2 door version. Great car but with horrendous turbo lag. A mini could beat me off the traffic lights! I assume that problem was sorted on the later cars.

Yes Nigel they sorted the problem with this one but I'm sure it would benefit from a new roller bearing turbo being fitted, Something like the GT28RS would be nice I'm sure :cool:.

Rob

WillsZed

Club Member
Very cool Rob, like that alot, superb choice. Still not as good as your old car.......but then again i would say that ;-)