My latest unplanned mod.

martinmac

Inactive
After a fantastic weekend in Billing I arrived home with a dirty car so set about giving it a good clean. The weather was still great so the roof was down and it was time for a wee hoon around the local lanes.

One of the farmers had been having a dry stone wall rebuilt and the job wasnt done very well. One very big rock was in the road.

4 new wheels and tyres on order now.

029.jpg

You may all now snigger :smash:

S

Saz

He should pay for it! What the hell was a rock doing in the middle of the road, It could have caused a dangerous accident!! Flipping prats.

Your poor wheels, what are you replacing them with?

martinmac

Inactive
One of our traders is sorting me out so I will still make the big Wales run this weekend.

There arent any new Racing Harts in the UK so I will have to wait for a new one to make up the set.

I will show you the new ones when they arrive. Just as bling as the old ones.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Oh dear Martin, bad luck that. I can't see the farmer paying up but if your wheels are expensive could you claim on insurance?

Why are you replacing all of them?

I have a set of spare standard wheels and legal tyres here if you get stuck (not pretty though).

martinmac

Inactive
Thanks Rob, thats very kind.

I have just ordered a new set of whells for delivery tomorrow. Tyres going on Thursday am. Tracking and alignment checks Thursday pm. Off to Wales on Friday.

So much for a quiet week.

llantas_tsw_JARAMA.jpg

S

Saz

Lovely:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:, just right for your "old shed";) Think you should donate the whole car to me, wouldnt want it cramping your style Martin :lol::D

S

Saz

I hate pink cars :lol: terrible thing to do to a car, however if you could look into the cost of Cadburys purple, we would be talking :thumbs::driving:

Russ

Club Member
Unlucky Martin, glad you're able to recover from it pretty well. In the mean time I don't mind keeping your spare three wheels safe on my 300 if it's any help ;)

nickz32

Well-Known Forum User
Oh mate, what a kick in the nuts!

I take it youve been lucky enough not to have caused any suspension damage??

martinmac

Inactive
The wheels should be here tomorrow Nick so once the tyres are fitted it will be getting a good check over and laser alignment. I think its probably lucky that I have coilovers on as they could probably take the shock better than standard suspension.

Its amazing how many people you know pass by when you are messing about with lumps of wood to get the jack underneath. Still, it gave them a good laugh.

MattDaKav

Well-Known Forum User
Ouch!

Good on you for a quick recovery though.

PM me if you want to sell the old set including the damaged one.

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
That really bad luck. Why is the farmer's insurance not paying for the damage? My sister-in-law's car was damaged by a bit of barbed wire that a farmer left lying at the side of the road. His insurance paid for the damage.

Mr Ex

Inactive
After a fantastic weekend in Billing I arrived home with a dirty car so set about giving it a good clean. The weather was still great so the roof was down and it was time for a wee hoon around the local lanes.

One of the farmers had been having a dry stone wall rebuilt and the job wasnt done very well. One very big rock was in the road.

4 new wheels and tyres on order now.

029.jpg

You may all now snigger :smash:

If you had steel wheels you could have hammered it back into shape.:rolleyes:
Try get his insurance to pay up, having said that, a long time ago when I had a new 205 gti a big stone rolled down from a garden on my right & put a dint in the front passenger floor & he didn't want to know.:(

BRONZEE

Well-Known Forum User
How long have you had the Racing Harts for anyway?! Must have been time to have a quick change of wheels. :lol:

Just pleased to see you were able to get it underway to being sorted quickly. :thumbs:

martinmac

Inactive
I had them for 6 months Immy so they were due for a change.

I am a little miffed as I got a good deal on them. I also couldnt get two new Dunlop sports max tyres in time so had to fork out for 4 falkens.

If I missed the Wales run I would get lynched by Beavis.

Unfortunately the farmer and I are not the best of friends anyway after his lad nearly ran me down on a quad bike.

S

Saz

More the reason to get him to cough up.

HE HAS A DUTY OF CARE AND BY HAVING A STONE CAUSING A DANGER IN THE ROAD HE IS NOT FULFILLING THAT DUTY OF CARE.

bloody caps locks

BRONZEE

Well-Known Forum User
I had them for 6 months Immy so they were due for a change.

I am a little miffed as I got a good deal on them. I also couldnt get two new Dunlop sports max tyres in time so had to fork out for 4 falkens.

If I missed the Wales run I would get lynched by Beavis.

Unfortunately the farmer and I are not the best of friends anyway after his lad nearly ran me down on a quad bike.
Wow!!! A whole 6 months Mart,:eek::lol: see that was someone telling you the Racing Harts had been on too long. :lol: Once you get a replacement RH, you can always use them as spares for special events.:driving:

Showing the new wheels off at Wales too. Well I never. :p