Musicians - Shows us what you got!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
It's that whole hero-in-their-own-head-guitar-player-with-the-cool-sports-car thing!!!

And then there is daddy cool bedtimes that rock!! Yes I’m proud of my riffs on the Spider-Man guitar, strangely they are always perfectly in time ...

5708b9172a11bbad88990a364659cce7.jpg

richiep

Club Member
The guitar that draws ire for its appearance in the living room. Kerry is not a fan of the relic vibe!
dUIQYjN.jpg

ESP LTD ST203FR. Discontinued LTD version of the old ESP Vintage Plus hot rod strats. I bought it as a modding platform for super cheap as it has ideal specs for my taste: 12” flat radius, super jumbo frets (almost like a scalloped fretboard), weighty solid alder body. I swapped the cheap Floyd Rose Special out for a German-made Schaller Lockmeister and added a brass big block and trem stopper for dive only with an EVH D-Tuna. Fitted a Bill Lawrence L500XL pickup and CTS 500k volume pot with an old Charvel-style raw brass knob. Love it.
evIi2PZ.jpg

RM8JOpv.jpg

At the other end of the spectrum, one of the expensive ones: 1994 Gibson Les Paul Classic Premium Plus. Owned since 2001. 60s neck. Recently swapped the knobs out for the 70s reflector top ones and did away with the toggle switch ring. Les Paul for rockers basically. Like it this way:
HUBlRps.jpg

More to come...

Last edited:

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I was a teenage Ibanez adopter!
1981 Ibanez Blazer Bass at a pub gig in South Manchester
Moody music, moody looks and fashion ain't what it used to be :EXTRAlol:

View attachment 37181

Oh wow!!! So young!! Loving the lead singer’s super tight trousers! I think the audience may be seeing his lunchbox too!!!!! :eek:

I have to reciprocate with: 17 year old Ali doing pre gig practice stage moves in my parents’ lounge only to have sister walk in and take this photo! And yes that is the school tie holding up my hair and yes I did think it was somehow rebel cool stage attire to wear red underwear on the outside of my jeans! What was I thinking!!!!???? I guess this is what happens when your let kids get into to Alice Cooper and Kiss!

82f1e27fc6fb8f747cb2011b3833a779.jpg

The guitar that draws ire for its appearance in the living room. Kerry is not a fan of the relic vibe! ...

That’s lovely - in Zoolander speak, it’s very “Derelicte”! [emoji106] Do like it.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Oh wow!!! So young!! Loving the lead singer’s super tight trousers! I think the audience may be seeing his lunchbox too!!!!! :eek:

Gave us all a complex, I reckon he hid a cut off hosepipe down there, lead singers all did it back then, that's the excuse I gave my girlfriend of the time anyway EXTRA:D

richiep

Club Member

I have to reciprocate with: 17 year old Ali doing pre gig practice stage moves in my parents’ lounge only to have sister walk in and take this photo! And yes that is the school tie holding up my hair and yes I did think it was somehow rebel cool stage attire to wear red underwear on the outside of my jeans! What was I thinking!!!!???? I guess this is what happens when your let kids get into to Alice Cooper and Kiss!

82f1e27fc6fb8f747cb2011b3833a779.jpg

That’s lovely - in Zoolander speak, it’s very “Derelicte”! [emoji106] Do like it.
I approve of the musical influences citation and general vibe - although the tie-as-bandana thing is sub-optimal! Thankfully, I don’t think there’s any photos of me in my white leather biker jacket (Axl Rose-style) - although I still have it in the loft! Bought on Hollywood Blvd of course. \m/
On that 80s rock note, here’s my oldest guitar, both in age and how long I’ve had it. 1988 Kramer American Baretta Custom, with original Dennis Kline graphic. Got this used when I was 16 and would never part with it. Finish is worn down on the back of the neck from me spending time almost every day of the 90s playing it. Meet Marilyn:
iFU0Ms7.jpg

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Utterly LOVE that beauty! [emoji106][emoji106]

And the outfit in the loft, you wear that at the next car meet, I will wear my Trovolta white suit. Deal!? ;)

uk66fastback

Club Member
Me playing my fretless Fender Precision bass in about 1982/83ish. Sunburst, beautiful it was. H | H bass bin. Bought it for £250. Sold it for £250 mid '80s. They're going for a mint now.

I've currently got an Ibanez SR500 and then a fretless version as well ... don't play at all anymore though.

8ZVMZC3R.jpg

status

Well-Known Forum User
Both Status basses with markbass 4-10 and 2-10 and Markbass head with midiverb 11 effects
I now use vanderklay cabs both 800 Watts with a Galien Kruger 800 watt fusion head which is as good as my Trace eliott,my latest bass is a T-Bass made by Status to go with my other basses which are Yamaha TRB5 P,these basses are so good I bought two but they are very rare as they are a nineties model also an original T bass a Yamaha fretless ,a Cort bass which for a Grand is up there with my more expensive basses,3 status basses and a spare Gallien Kruger head as they are light as f—k and go in my rack which has my seinheiser wireless systems for mic,in ears and guitar

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
I approve of the musical influences citation and general vibe - although the tie-as-bandana thing is sub-optimal! Thankfully, I don’t think there’s any photos of me in my white leather biker jacket (Axl Rose-style) - although I still have it in the loft! Bought on Hollywood Blvd of course. \m/
On that 80s rock note, here’s my oldest guitar, both in age and how long I’ve had it. 1988 Kramer American Baretta Custom, with original Dennis Kline graphic. Got this used when I was 16 and would never part with it. Finish is worn down on the back of the neck from me spending time almost every day of the 90s playing it. Meet Marilyn:
iFU0Ms7.jpg
I am actually more than intrigued to see that worn finish on then neck... yummy

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
And a guitar I bought to play but it was brand new unused when I collected it so it’s sat every since.. (sacrilege...)

Ibanez Universe UV77MC (MKR) 1991

The lock/latch has never even been set...
D5539842-5A9D-4BB6-A0C6-DECEB549B14A.jpeg EA8D5F5B-0DD1-4D54-A27D-67796AAD4475.jpeg 931A1141-2C41-4F3E-B620-3F0CD57A4AA0.jpeg 9B557D32-6969-45FA-BD82-9972F6C2CC68.jpeg

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Not mine but my lad's collection. With a couple of custom painted Aria's, Epiphone les paul and a KKV.

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_140934.jpg
    IMG_20200229_140934.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200229_140945.jpg
    IMG_20200229_140945.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200229_141011.jpg
    IMG_20200229_141011.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 16

richiep

Club Member
And a guitar I bought to play but it was brand new unused when I collected it so it’s sat every since.. (sacrilege...)

Ibanez Universe UV77MC (MKR) 1991

The lock/latch has never even been set...
View attachment 37191 View attachment 37192 View attachment 37193 View attachment 37194
Excellent! Seriously good Ibanezs to have. Among my coveted list of guitars I’d like to get hold of is the Ibanez JPM100 John Petrucci sig model - preferably the P1 version with the primary colour Picasso graphic, or the JPM 10th version. Rare as and the prices are stratospheric now though. To the point building a replica with a custom order neck would be far cheaper!