Mr Tenno's LHD 240z

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi everyone,

By way of johnymd I'm now the proud owner of a LHD Cali 240z!

You can see the initial state of the car here: http://zclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26010 and a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGWDIXXJKc

It's currently staying nice and dry under a cover in the garage while I get it registered and look into quotes for a full respray to protect the bare metal areas but here's how it looked in the morning sun on the day it arrived at it's new home!

Attachments

• 240z_00001.png
    240z_00001.png
    930.1 KB · Views: 82

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Looks like work on the car today will be restricted to this. Any tips?
5a5f1a45cf4600ca4d061820255122cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnymd

Club Member
Everyone tells me its really easy as most of it only applies to cars less than 10 years old. I may have a look at it tomorrow or even take it to the z club meet and fill it in with the assistance of others. When I've filled it in I'll take a copy of it and send it to you.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
I should have kept a copy of the one I filled in but I didn't, someone should post a copy of a correctly filled in one and make it a sticky. My one failed initially because my description of the car didn't match the MOT certificate, so watch for that, Nissan/Datsun/Fairlady/240Z.

johnymd

Club Member
That's an interesting one Pete. The new mot system wants you to select from a list so datsun may not be available.

8658kv

Club Member
That's an interesting one Pete. The new mot system wants you to select from a list so datsun may not be available.

You're right. We did one a couple of weeks ago, just after the new Mot system had been put in place.
They Mot'd the car as a Nissan Skyline. I wrote a letter with the application, asking DVLA to change the Mot to a Datsun, they did not, just sent the Logbook leaving the Mot as a Skyline.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Johny, OK, I'm looking at my reg doc now and it's registered as 'Make' Nissan, 'Type' and 'Model' are blank spaces, should probably be '240Z' in one or other. MOT cert 'Make' Nissan,' Model' blank.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah,bane of my life documentation. It's always, get it done, document it later. The done usually gets done, the documentation usually doesn't.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Any idea about how to prove the year of manufacture? It's 72 and the US reg doc has first sold 73.

8658kv

Club Member
Any idea about how to prove the year of manufacture? It's 72 and the US reg doc has first sold 73.

I think you will find its 10/72 on the door jamb.

If you want to register the car as this, you will need to send a letter from Mike Feeney confirming the date of manufacture.

If not, DVLA will recognise the 73 reg, as per the American reg doc ( pink slip ).

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
You''re not really in a situation where you have to 'prove' anything. All the form asks for is dates and specs for the car. These are all on the car labeling or the US paperwork you've got or online. The DVLA aren't on some mission to ufck you about, they just want basic details so they can fit you onto their system.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I think you will find its 10/72 on the door jamb.

If you want to register the car as this, you will need to send a letter from Mike Feeney confirming the date of manufacture.

If not, DVLA will recognise the 73 reg, as per the American reg doc ( pink slip ).

Exactly right! I'm glad I asked.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    643.4 KB · Views: 22