Motors By The Moat - Leeds Castle (Kent) 6/7 May

Paul_S

Club Member
Hi all,

I hope no one minds me posting this but I am arranging the nissansportz club stand at Leeds Castle again this year and I'd like to extend the offer to you all.

The event is on Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th May and is held at Leeds Castle (which is in Kent - nowhere near Leeds!)

Entry is £10 per car per day (up to 4 people) and you have access to the castle and all it's facilities for the day. I will be attending both days but you can come along to just one if you like.

post-7959-0-24001700-1462904933.jpg

Here is a link to the photo's from last years event.

There were a few early Z cars in attendance last year and one managed to sneak onto our stand but others where scattered around the grounds. So this year, it would be great if we could all be together (I'll try not to drool over your cars!)

If you would like to attend then please add your name to this thread and I will contact you to make sure we are on the same stand.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks, Paul :)

Attendance list
  1. Paul_S and Sarah, Nissan 370Z (both days) - Paid
  2. LESmo and Cazza, Nissan 370z Nismo v1 (Sunday) - Paid
  3. Jeff & Joan (aka Mrs Fred), 370Z GT (both days) - Paid
  4. toopy (Anthohy), Datsun 260Z 2+2 (Sunday) - Paid
  5. Roy & Pat, Riley One Point Five (Sunday) *Paul_S' parents - Paid (direct)
  6. Woody928 (Mark), Datsun 240Z (Sunday) - Paid
  7. Woody928's Dad, Austin Healey mk2a (Sunday) - Paid
  8. Seb & Sarah, Jaguar F Type (both days) - Paid
  9. Stu & Hannah, BMW 3 series (both days)
  10. Longy, Nissan 350Z roadster (both days)
  11. blobbish, Nissan 370Z (Saturday)
  12. Shrekkie and Val, Nissan 350Z (Sunday) - Paid
  13. JohnFK, Nissan GT-R (both days) - Paid
  14. milanored, Nissan 370Z (Sunday)
  15. Steve 350, Nissan 350Z roadster (Saturday) - Paid
  16. vjordon, Nissan 370Z (Saturday) - Paid
  17. Chubbs, Nissan 370Z (Saturday) - Paid
  18. Ian, Dodge Charger (Sunday) - Paid (direct)
  19. Fuku Fuku, Jaguar F Type (Sunday) - Paid
  20. julian, Datsun 240Z (Sunday) - Paid

You should now have received your pass for the day(s) you are attending. Please print this out and show it as you enter the event. Directors to Leeds Castle are here.

Last edited by a moderator:

SacCyclone

Club Member
If I lived in the UK I would take my car there in a heartbeat.

The pictures alone would be worth the price of admittance, plus my wife loves castles.

Look forward to the pics afterwards.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hi Paul, this looks like an awesome event! :thumbs:

If you don't mind me coming along in the old lady (240Z) then I'd love to join you on the club stand. Looks like a really good day out at a great venue, particularly if the weathers anywhere as good as it looks from last year! I am glad you clarified that the event it was in Kent though lol.

I hope you don't mid but I'll only be doing one day as I'll have been at the Donnington Historic the weekend before and have done a couple of thousand miles in the Highlands the weekend/week before that with the MR2 Owners Club so I'll be pretty knackered I'm sure.

Also would it be a problem if my dad wanted to come along in his 1962 Austin Healey mk2a?

Let me know where I need to sign up etc :cheers:

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

toopy

Club Member
I could possibly do one of the days, whats the better day with regards number of people attending, by that I mean people with cars on show and Jo public walking around the cars on display?

Paul_S

Club Member
If I lived in the UK I would take my car there in a heartbeat.

The pictures alone would be worth the price of admittance, plus my wife loves castles.

Look forward to the pics afterwards.
Haha yes, I suppose each country has its own iconic look and Leeds Castle is very British!

Hi Paul, this looks like an awesome event! :thumbs:

If you don't mind me coming along in the old lady (240Z) then I'd love to join you on the club stand. Looks like a really good day out at a great venue, particularly if the weathers anywhere as good as it looks from last year! I am glad you clarified that the event it was in Kent though lol.

I hope you don't mid but I'll only be doing one day as I'll have been at the Donnington Historic the weekend before and have done a couple of thousand miles in the Highlands the weekend/week before that with the MR2 Owners Club so I'll be pretty knackered I'm sure.

Also would it be a problem if my dad wanted to come along in his 1962 Austin Healey mk2a?

Let me know where I need to sign up etc :cheers:

Mark
Brilliant news Mark and your Dad is extremely welcome too! :) You get around!

My Dad takes his blue Riley One Point Five that you'll see in the photos (that's not him in it!!) so I'll see if I can get him onto the our stand too. The nissansportz stand is always has a very eclectic mix of cars because we have a big crossover with members of Run2 (European road trip group) and some other friends of mine come too. That's how we bagged the Dodge last year!

I could possibly do one of the days, whats the better day with regards number of people attending, by that I mean people with cars on show and Jo public walking around the cars on display?
It would be great to have you along on either day. Sunday always has a bigger turnout for cars (less people working I suppose) and that's probably true for the public too.

One thing I forgot to mention before is that the organisers are strict on entry and exit times. You won't be allowed in with your car past 09:00 (gates open at 07:30 I think so we try to be in and setting up for 08:30) and you cannot leave before 16:30.

I live local so that's not a problem for me, but some people stay over locally and make a weekend of it (i.e. have a nice meal and the occasional beer!!! :cheers:)

toopy

Club Member
It would be great to have you along on either day. Sunday always has a bigger turnout for cars (less people working I suppose) and that's probably true for the public too.

Thought that might be the case, Sunday it is then, had a look at the castle website, do we need to book our exhibitor tickets with them online, or via yourself with Sportz club?

Paul_S

Club Member
Thought that might be the case, Sunday it is then, had a look at the castle website, do we need to book our exhibitor tickets with them online, or via yourself with Sportz club?
Excellent - I'll see you on the Sunday!

To keep us all in the same place we need to book via nissansportz (or else we will be scattered). I'll PM you the club's bank details to send the £10 to if that's OK. I'll confirm the money has arrived and when I get the windsreen flyer from the organisers (usually only about a week before the event) I'll forward that on.

(nissansportz paid up Members get their entry fee returned on the day because the club is funding this event again this year for full Members).

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Brilliant news Mark and your Dad is extremely welcome too! :) You get around!

My Dad takes his blue Riley One Point Five that you'll see in the photos (that's not him in it!!) so I'll see if I can get him onto the our stand too. The nissansportz stand is always has a very eclectic mix of cars because we have a big crossover with members of Run2 (European road trip group) and some other friends of mine come too. That's how we bagged the Dodge last year!

One thing I forgot to mention before is that the organisers are strict on entry and exit times. You won't be allowed in with your car past 09:00 (gates open at 07:30 I think so we try to be in and setting up for 08:30) and you cannot leave before 16:30.

I live local so that's not a problem for me, but some people stay over locally and make a weekend of it (i.e. have a nice meal and the occasional beer!!! :cheers:)

Thanks Paul, haha you may believe me then if I told you I have now booked myself out every weekend for the start of April until the end of July ;)

Brilliant that would be great if you could do so, I think we'll make a bit of a family day out given the idilic setting of the castle. The riley certainly looks to be in really nice nick! :) Well it seems like you get quite the mix, I'm sure that is only set to continue this year by the looks of things. That dodge does look insane to say the least, and I bet its sounds like a monster as well!

I'll try and very shortly get back to you an confirm which day (albeit Sunday sounds like the winner if possible) however what do I need to do to secure places for both cars?

Paul_S

Club Member
Wow - good going! I'm glad you're free that weekend!!!

Your places are secured mate. Just let me know which day when you work it out :)

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Wow - good going! I'm glad you're free that weekend!!!

Your places are secured mate. Just let me know which day when you work it out :)

As luck had it you posted up at the perfect time for me to block it out :)

Fantastic thank you, based upon Sunday being the better attended day of the two, please can you therefore put us down for the two cars on the Sunday?

I'll await further as and when however I'm really looking forward to it! :thumbs:

cosworth415

Club Member
Well as long as some of you guys are turning up in S30's I'll be there unfortunately not with my Z but be nice to see some others in a finished state.

Paul_S

Club Member
Well as long as some of you guys are turning up in S30's I'll be there unfortunately not with my Z but be nice to see some others in a finished state.
Might you bring the Cosworth?

If so, you can still be in the show. The stand is always a fine eclectic mix of cars!

Paul_S

Club Member
I've just updated the list on post one.

If anyone else would like to come along then please let me know soon. I need to get the list to the organisers Monday night :)

Paul_S

Club Member
I need to send the entry list off Tuesday morning so Monday night is the deadline for more to sign up.

Last year I was sent a form to print out (one for each day) that you need to display on the car when you enter the showground. I expect the same thing applies again this year, but I will check. The forms only come out a a couple of days before the event so there is no time to post them, however I will PM you the form to print and I will print off some spares just in case. More details as I know them...