Modified s14 gearbox mount picture please

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
Hi guys I'm looking for a picture of an S30 gearbox mount that has been modified to suit the S14A gearbox swap please, I've got nearly everything I need from pistol Pete but because of the fact my car is already at the local garage having a clutch swap I can't wait for Pete to get one modified, So the local garage have agreed to modify it for me, But a picture of the finished mount would be very useful to them I think.

Cheers in advance.

Rob

tel240z

Club Member
Rob short of getting under my car with a camera in my face in the cold i'll describe what i done

cut the mount about 2 inches in from either side so leaving you 3 bits then put the two bits on the car and the third centre part on the g/box, get everything in place and tack weld together then remove and mig it together using pieces of metal to cap off the areas that are left open, you will find that what you are doing is changing the distance of the gearbox centre bolt by about an inch or so forwards or backwards can't remember now
Tel

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
Rob short of getting under my car with a camera in my face in the cold i'll describe what i done

cut the mount about 2 inches in from either side so leaving you 3 bits then put the two bits on the car and the third centre part on the g/box, get everything in place and tack weld together then remove and mig it together using pieces of metal to cap off the areas that are left open, you will find that what you are doing is changing the distance of the gearbox centre bolt by about an inch or so forwards or backwards can't remember now
Tel

Cheers Terry I'll describe what you said to the spanner monkey doing the work lol :thumbs:.

I would of done the whole job myself but my garage is full of scrap pulsar that I foolishly volunteered to strip for a friend, I finally got the bloody engine out today, Not a fun job on your tod!

Rob