Modded vs. stock

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
It's always only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Some people would happily pay more for a tastefully modified car, I certainly would if it had been done correctly...

uk66fastback

Club Member
Extensively modified? There's 'modified' and then there's 'modified' ...
Certainly not modified externally, no? Which makes a big difference ... (to me, anyway)

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I was really happy last weekend, had my car out for a local meet and someone said to me that it was so nice to see one so original and standard!

I told him how happy I was to hear that but promptly corrected him on how modified and custom its gone under the skin. Mine is very much 'modified' (as all of my cars are) however done tastefully in my opinion...

madda

Well-Known Forum User
Unless you are going for 100% original, I personally give a big thumbs up for performance, reliability and useabilty enhancing mods on classic cars.

uk66fastback

Club Member
My Z is pretty original and I'd like to make it as original looking as I can, but the 280ZX dizzy upgrade still appeals ... whereas I'm looking to shelve the ali rad in it to return to an original one ... probably mad but hey ...

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I personally like modified Zeds, We might all disagree or agree which is better stock or mod but we all agree that we like Zeds.