Missing Strut Insert Casing Nut

260Zues

Forum User
Hi all,

I have a problem with recently purchased KYB struts. I've bought four new KYB ExcelG struts for my 260Z and had them shipped in from the states. The package appears to have been damaged on the way over and then taped up as I'm a hardware/fittings pack short...:eek:
I can locate a nylon locking nut for the top of the insert but a casing nut is proving a little bit more difficult to track down.

I've attached a picture showing the casing nuts options that came with the other three shocks...
I'm thinking that KYB are a popular shock for Z cars (even if not the best insert out there). I'm also thinking/hoping that someone out there required the option shown on the left (I'm thinking maybe for a 240 strut cases maybe?) where as I'm missing the one on the right...

It's long shot but worth a try before I start negotiations with my supplier for a replacement (as I may end up with a full shock that I don't currently need) or start asking machine shops about making one for me...

Anyone got one of the nuts/caps shown on the right kicking around that's in need of a new home please?

Let me know how much you want for it and I'll be in touch...

Many thanks,

260Zues.

Attachments

• KYB Strut Caps.jpg
    KYB Strut Caps.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14