Miracle hand cleaner!

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Spotted this on another car forum I am on and thought I would share:

This was a tip from a friend. I was pretty dubious at first, but blimey I was wrong!

Vegetable oil! Forget Gojo or Swarfega for your hands. Use vegetable oil on your hands then washing up liquid with water. Works a treat, no harsh chemicals leaves your skin soft too. Best bit is its cheap from the supermarket. Get your own bottle or risk getting told off!

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Spotted this on another car forum I am on and thought I would share:

This was a tip from a friend. I was pretty dubious at first, but blimey I was wrong!

Vegetable oil! Forget Gojo or Swarfega for your hands. Use vegetable oil on your hands then washing up liquid with water. Works a treat, no harsh chemicals leaves your skin soft too. Best bit is its cheap from the supermarket. Get your own bottle or risk getting told off!

I also read on another forum that you can simply do away with buying expensive shampoo and shower gel and use cooking oil and washing up liquid for body and hair.:thumbs:

There was a further suggestion that after cleansing your whole body with these items................................................................................................................... . It was said that rinsing them off with water on the banks of the holy river Ganges would lead to eternal life.:unsure:

status

Well-Known Forum User
Pete you ain't got much hair mate so if you got any spare shampoo I'll buy it off yer before mine falls out

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Well as you know, I never get my hands dirty anyway. Just trying to help out all you dirty, greasy buggers and save you a bit of money. Anyway, just off out in the Rover again. Travelled 7650 miles this year listening to that glorious V8 burble and it has just flown through its MOT with no advisories.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Well as you know, I never get my hands dirty anyway. Just trying to help out all you dirty, greasy buggers and save you a bit of money. Anyway, just off out in the Rover again. Travelled 7650 miles this year listening to that glorious V8 burble and it has just flown through its MOT with no advisories.

Impressive mileage Rob. :thumbs:

uk66fastback

Club Member
I don't think I've done that mileage annually in my daily ever, so to do it a classic is great stuff. Back in the day of course, they were doing it all the time... !

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I don't think I've done that mileage annually in my daily ever, so to do it a classic is great stuff. Back in the day of course, they were doing it all the time... !
Well in the six years that I owned my Z, I covered 33,000 miles in it. Before that, in the XJS, I covered 40,000 miles in about five years and before that, in my Capri 280, I covered about 50,000 miles in five years.
In spite of this I have always sold on my cars for more money than I paid for them.
It was a big decision to part with my Z, because I had a tremendous amount of fun in it, not least of which the day I spent at Oulton Park with Mr Hill and Mr May. I really like to drive and experience my classics when I own them, and as a result generally find that after about five years I'm ready to move on to something different.
There are so many cars out there I still want to own and drive. As I am retiring this month, I expect the annual mileage I drive my classics will only go up.
The Rover Is not as sporty or as breathtaking to look at as the 260Z, but it certainly shifts and is enjoyable to drive for different reasons. It is another experience altogether. Who knows what will be next (though I did take a look at a Capri 3.0S this week . . .).

Last edited by a moderator: