Megasquirt IAT ( open element)GM style Sensor

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all I know a couple of you are running Megasquirt EFI and was wondering if anyone had a IAT sensor, going spare as I have killed mine on a relocation exercise, I moved it to a new location bolted it in now it reads -40'C
Serves me right for trying to improve things...:unsure:

Mr.G

Club Member
Nick,

I don't have a spare but I do have a new one which I've already fitted to my intake manifold, I've used universal blue to ensure a good seal, but that should come off the threads easily.

If you're desperate for one, I can post you mine providing you could order me a new one asap. I bought mine from diyautotune.

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Could you do me a real favour, and measure the resistance across it( so you don't have to remove it from the engine) and give me a reading I may have a wiring fault as I have extended the wires to the sensor also. If I can get a reading to match it to then I will know if it's the sensor or wiring at fault, I suppose the other way is to strip back the wiring and check it from where I know it's Good.

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Ok have traced my fault to the wiring not the sensor, so I butchered the sensor for no reason, never mind teach me to jump the gun the old sensor now reads 15 degrees same as coolant. I have taken the protective sheild off it to get a reading right from the top of it. so it still works only looks abit dodgy.
Good for a spare though.
Thanks for the offer Mr G but lloks like I can get it sorted..