Mechanical Fuel Pump | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Mechanical Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'Parts and Other Items Wanted' started by 4683kelly, Jul 18, 2017.

1. 4683kelly

4683kelly
    Z Club Member

I finally tried to start my 240z but no joy. It wasn't pulling fuel so I removed and tested the fuel pump and it's not working.

Does anyone have one spare?

Thanks
    Natalie

2. Farmer42

Farmer42
    Z Club Member

Try Mike at MJP Auto. If not, you can probably get them from the States but it will cost you. You might be able to get a rebuild kit for your old one so don't chuck it out just yet.

The other alternative is to blank off the hole for the pump and install an electrical one instead near the tank. The 260Z has bracket mounting holes but not sure about the 240Z.

3. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

I don't think you can get the rebuild kits, although someone did a while back buy one (not the OEM ones, which are a fortune) but one of the repop ones and was trying to transfer over the innards to the original ...

They are not THAT expensive in the US, but probably the same (or more) to ship (in some cases).

4. 4683kelly

4683kelly
    Z Club Member

I've managed to buy a working one from a member. Thank you for your advice guys.