Mangoletsi Intake Fitment

Marlin3

Forum User
Hello, it's really hard to find information on these intake manifolds so I figured I'd ask here,

Anyone know what headers will fit with the newer Mangoletsi intake manifold for triple Webers/Dellortos?

The only 240z' that I could find running them were Erik Jonasson's and Spike Anderson's, and a member here on the forums. However no write-up listed a manufacturer for their headers, just that they were 6-1 with a 2.5" exhaust.

I had the emissions bar cut off stock exhaust manifold and JB welded the holes for a temp. fix until I found out the Mangoletsi intake didn't sit correctly on the stock exhaust to bolt up to the head.

http://www.mangolets...old-linkage.pdf

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hello Marlin3 (maybe you'd like to present yourself and car whilst logged on :http://zclub.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62 I know you must be keen for an answer but I think every forum likes newbies to say hi as well.....).

The latest Mangoletsi inlet manifold was designed expressly* to fit with my headers but will also fit with the better quality Japanese makes (Fujitsubo, Kameari, Trust....).

It was definitely NOT made to work with stock headers because it is a performance upgrade and the first thing any performance engine needs is to breath better.

*Much time, emails and energy plus visits were spent with John Mangoletsi to ensure this.

The 'other member' on this forum is Skiddell.

Marlin3

Forum User
Hello Marlin3 (maybe you'd like to present yourself and car whilst logged on :http://zclub.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62 I know you must be keen for an answer but I think every forum likes newbies to say hi as well.....).

The latest Mangoletsi inlet manifold was designed expressly* to fit with my headers but will also fit with the better quality Japanese makes (Fujitsubo, Kameari, Trust....).

It was definitely NOT made to work with stock headers because it is a performance upgrade and the first thing any performance engine needs is to breath better.

*Much time, emails and energy plus visits were spent with John Mangoletsi to ensure this.

The 'other member' on this forum is Skiddell.

Apologies, you'll find my introduction here.

Sean do you still sell your manifolds? If so do you have a site? Or do you sell directly off the forum? I can send you a PM if you want to talk. Unfortunately the Japanese headers are pretty hard to come by...

@vipergts Hello! You were the 'other' I was referring too, but glad to know there are more people out there running these manifolds! :cheers:

Marlin3

Forum User
Just an update to anyone who comes across this in the future:

I've went ahead and ordered a complete exhaust system through Sean, will update with pictures when I receive them!

CheZ

Well-Known Forum User
Look forward to seeing the outcome.

What Size Mangoletsi intake are you running and what is the ID of Sean's Exhaust Manifold?

I have been trying to get hold of both intake and exhaust for my 240 engine. A compromise setup that I could put onto a 280 engine with triple 40 Webers.

Was told Mr.F was the guy to get in touch with. Waiting for him to get back to me as I know he is in Hospital.

Marlin3

Forum User
Look forward to seeing the outcome.

What Size Mangoletsi intake are you running and what is the ID of Sean's Exhaust Manifold?

I have been trying to get hold of both intake and exhaust for my 240 engine. A compromise setup that I could put onto a 280 engine with triple 40 Webers.

Was told Mr.F was the guy to get in touch with. Waiting for him to get back to me as I know he is in Hospital.

The ports in the Mangoletsi manifold are machined at 35.0mm

Mangoletsi Datsun page - Here
Where to buy - Here

Best of luck!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The ports in the Mangoletsi manifold are machined at 35.0mm

Mangoletsi Datsun page - Here
Where to buy - Here

Best of luck!

Just a little hint - I'm also a Mangoletsi dealer :

ZStory