Mallory Park THIS SUNDAY 10 June

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Went along today and had a fantastic time. We went in the Sam and when I got back to it Steve Bamford (tmr on here and 240Z racer incl. Spa 6 hr with Dave Jarman) was waiting to meet with me - we've never spoken before so that was good.

Charles Barter is my hero - he has consistently been the driver of Zs I have held in high esteem and today he raised the level again! He won both races is superb style after poor starts. He has gearbox problems like a lot of people using the old 'boxes now.

Anyway he just 'nailed' it - he reminds me of Nigel Mansell in his approach - he is confident, has a trusty car and just goes for any gap he sees 100%. He belies his senior age! In both races he was on pole but 6th into the first corner, by lap 3 he was leading against a 3ltr Porsche, Elans and Europas!

The 1200cc Datsun was amazing 'Full-race' and sounded awesome, my lad loved it! He was racing in a class for 'invited' cars, obviously it's not legal for less modified HSCC points.

Also today were Classic bikes, Karts and 500cc single seaters from the 1950s - great racing and most people were over 60 I would guess. As I saw on a 'T' shirt on Friday night at Jacks Hill Cafe - 'Adventure Before Dementia'!
20180610_124745.jpg 20180610_164241.jpg 20180610_131723.jpg 20180610_132709.jpg 20180610_132814.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Look good day i was seriously thinking of going but went to a local car show for few hours
did also have to sort out a broken bonnet cable which i managed to get open

Good pictures aswell Rob :)

I posted up in what you done this week pics of show

tmr

Club Member
What better way to spend the day sitting in the sun watching and hearing classic machinery being put through it's paces at a friendly circuit which serves the best breakfast of all the tracks. Classic and Modern Motorsport Club is a great new organisation (this was only their 2nd major event) which will hopefully develop into a leading club for grass roots racers.
Rob really great to meet up with you and your son and reminisce with you about Zs and historic motorsport, next time hopefully we will be the other side the Armco.

Last edited: