Machine/Engineering shop for bell housing fettling

toopy

Club Member
Pretty soon Im going to need to get my bell housing machined, for the S13 gearbox swap.

Any recommendation's for somewhere in the South East to get the work done :)

johnymd

Club Member
I'm also looking for someone in the SE to get 2 bell housings done. May get a better deal for the 3?

johnymd

Club Member
I'm going to JW engineering in Bexleyheath tomorrow morning to pick up my prop shaft for the V8.

May pop in and talk to them.

toopy

Club Member
I'm going to JW engineering in Bexleyheath tomorrow morning to pick up my prop shaft for the V8.

May pop in and talk to them.

I was going to ring them sometime in the next week, but if you can speak to someone face to face, that would be far better.
And besides you know exactly what your talking about, me on the other hand! :rolleyes:

johnymd

Club Member
OK. I'll take a S14 and a zed bell housing with me and explain what we want done.

PS. I'm no expert as I've never done one before.

johnymd

Club Member
Thanks Huw.

My way of thinking is by supplying a bell housing with the correct hole sizes, they can machine to an exact measured size.

candy red

Club Member
I have a ready machined bell housing from Pmac,for s14 John if you wanted to borrow it to show the machine shop if you get stuck :)

johnymd

Club Member
Thanks for the offer but I think they should be able to see from the 2. I also had one that was already machined which I was going to use to get 2 more done. Unfortunately a friend needed one urgently so I had no choice than to let it go. I should be OK though.

candy red

Club Member
Thanks for the offer but I think they should be able to see from the 2. I also had one that was already machined which I was going to use to get 2 more done. Unfortunately a friend needed one urgently so I had no choice than to let it go. I should be OK though.

Ok John :thumbs:

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Me too. Eventually when my synchro finally gives up the ghost ill need this. I'm not far from there either.

johnymd

Club Member
Tried to find Engineering solutions today and they are no longer at the listed address. Phone number doesn't work and website makes interesting reading. I'll try a local shop I have in mind.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
My neighbour used to run a rally team - he has a shop near you and I that he swears by, let me find out from him who it is. I know they are still going