LS1 240Z on eBay

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Very good advert - just waiting for the underside pictures.

I would imagine it's a 'hoot' to drive.

Limited market especially in the UK. But if you are after something like this it must be one of the best.

Dave Jarman country so perhaps he set the suspension up?

RyanT

Forum User
Hello - I wondered when this would pop up here!

This one is mine - Glad the advert is going down so well, it’s had a crazy amount of views within such a short amount of time & I’ve never had so many people randomly message through eBay just to be complimentary and ‘if I had 30 grand’ plus no idiots as of yet which is always a bonus.

It really is fantastic to drive - Obviously it can be shockingly fast, but only if you want it. It’s genuinely so easy to to drive, impossible to stall and the power is completely linear and progressive it only does exactly what you tell it and the cars chassis doesn’t ever feel overpowered.

You can happily go full throttle in any gear at any point (OK aside from first, at full lock in the wet) and it just does what it should, no dramas.

Yes I will be getting the car up on a ramp to take pictures/video (just annoying the weather is now crap for the next week - Bad timing on my behalf). Especially as underneath is where many of the trick bits are, you’re only getting half the story otherwise - And to show the floors & rails obviously. Rails have been replaced by previous owner with heavier gauge items for rigidity & the floors I can see have had previous repairs to take out rusty or thinning bits and replace with good.

No, I’ve never met Dave - Despite him only being 10-15 minutes away. If I’m in the Datsun I’ll always drive past slowly hoping I catch him, but never do!

Just submitted it Car & Classic also.

Happy to answer any questions etc.

Last edited:

uk66fastback

Club Member
Great looking car in a nice modern colour. More pics of the interior is always good. I think this looks to be a bargain!

I say modern colour but Ford had its Grabber Blue about this time originally …

Jay.

Club Member
Have had the pleasure of driving this car a cuple of times, and I can assure that whoever ends up buying it will have an absolutely cracking toy.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
If I bought it - I would only change back to shiny brightwork and more blingy wheels.

Rather complicated to legally drive on the roads over here though......

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
If I bought it - I would only change back to shiny brightwork and more blingy wheels.

Rather complicated to legally drive on the roads over here though......

Yeh tbh I was wondering how it's MoT exempt.

Trendy car, my lads would love it. And me actually.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Saw this at Bicester heritage year and half ago at the new years scramble

Nice car and lad owns it nice had a chat with him

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Over 40 years old so why would it require an MoT?
Because it's not an L6 I think?

Substantial change:

Engine
Alternative cubic capacities of the same basic engine and alternative original equipment engines are not considered to be a substantial change.

If the number of cylinders in an engine is different from the original it’s likely to be, but not necessarily, the case that the current engine is not alternative original equipment.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
It's a points based system - the engine does not deduct enough points to take away it's Historic Vehicle status. You need a minimum of 8 points:

• Chassis, monocoque body shell original or new and unmodified – 5 points
  • Suspension (front and back) original – 2 points
  • Axles (both) original – 2 points
  • Transmission original – 2 points
  • Steering assembly original – 2 points
  • Engine original – 1 point
Beautiful car! The late Mr F. was a great fan of the LS in a Z as a great way to gain serious pace.

It's a points based system - the engine does not deduct enough points to take away it's Historic Vehicle status. You need a minimum of 8 points:

Beautiful car! The late Mr F. was a great fan of the LS in a Z as a great way to gain serious pace.

just about at 8 points?

status

Well-Known Forum User
So my gearbox isn’t a Zed box is that 2 points,Rebello 3.2 is that 1 point and suspension 2 points

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
So my gearbox isn’t a Zed box is that 2 points,Rebello 3.2 is that 1 point and suspension 2 points

0 points for non standard gearbox, 1 point for L gata engine.
2 points for standard suspension, 0 points if aftermarket adjustable coil overs.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator

Ali, I think this is the points system for registering a radically altered vehicle irrespective of it's age and any historic status.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/radically-altered-vehicles

----------------

The MoT exemption criteria for Historic vehicles is simpler.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...toric-classic-vehicles-mot-exemption-criteria

-----------------

Also historic status only seems to relate to a vehicles age so as far as I can see any modifications do not affect it's zero tax eligibility.

https://www.gov.uk/historic-vehicles

-----------------

I THINK this car is tax exempt but not MoT exempt.

Richard Parker what do you think, as far as I am aware you are the Club representative however we haven't actually registerd you with the FBHVC?

I know it's tempting to claim MoT exemption - I've done that with my cars however with something like a 300 bhp V8 sitting in the engine bay things could get difficult is an insurer asks to see/checks the MoT status.