Looking for parts connection | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Looking for parts connection

Discussion in 'New to the website!' started by max@ resurrected classics, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Hello everyone, Im new to the website. My name is Max, I'm from the US and my company is called Resurrected Classics, we specialize in 1970-1978 Datsun z cars. Currently we are manufacturing reproduction body panels for these cars and we are looking to expand into the UK. I was wondering if there are any main parts suppliers for these cars that you guys use? We would be looking for someone to distribute our parts or perhaps let us use their warehouse for fulfillment services. Ill attach some pictures of what we are working on, if anyone is interested in the panels please let me know, Id be happy to let you know when they will be available and what is currently available,thanks. download.png IMG_8987-removebg-preview_1024x1024.png IMG_8988-removebg-preview_1024x1024.png

2. SeanDezart

SeanDezart Well-Known Forum User

Hi Max.

Interesting but a wide range of parts needed to supply all years of all models and bear in mind that there are both RH and LH drive cars here.

3. status

status Well-Known Forum User

Wots the deal,I’ve got storage and time

4. Albrecht

Albrecht Well-Known Forum User

Check out from 11:30 onwards for a visit to 'Resurrected Classics' of Georgia, USA:

5. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

SeanDezart likes this.
  6. Thank you, I will definitely take a look!

7. tyroguru

tyroguru
    Z Club Member

Really great to see a couple of young people having a go at something like this. Hope your hard work pays off Max (and Clay!). Good luck with the endeavour!

8. Thanks! We love our job

peter_s, tyroguru and Paul_S like this.
  9. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator

cam covers, the perfect car cover weight!

10. Exactly! Gotta use something, might as well be stylish

Rushingphil and jonbills like this.
  11. SeanDezart

What is the arrangement please ?

12. Bazzateer

Bazzateer
    Z Club Member

I'd imagine that would be down to negotiation.

SeanDezart likes this.
  13. SeanDezart

I got the impression that the club had already negociated a discount - hence the 'arrangement with the club'...

14. Mr Tenno

Mr Tenno
    ZClub Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

15. SeanDezart

So, a '77 JDM Fairlady Z is a 280Z......I got it :)

16. SeanDezart

17. jonbills

jonbills
    ZClub Administrator

because you're not a member. Your membership expired on 2nd April and you previously cancelled your paypal subscription on 30 June 2020.

franky likes this.
  18. SeanDezart

So, no-one who's lapsed gets a reminder anymore ?

19. Albrecht

Two points:

First, there's going to be a certain element of 'Sending Coals To Newcastle' with this, as Auto Panel Solutions - based in the UK - is already engaged in making and supplying various panels for the S30-series Z, and their product range includes replacement floors and floor supports.

Secondly, how much of a market do you expect to find in the UK? There really aren't all that many S30-series here needing the panels you have shown, and any that do could get them from APS and/or cars that are being cut up for parts (especially spare wheel wells). In my opinion, you just won't need a UK-based 'distribution base'.

20. Albrecht

You might also want to tell the presenter that 'HLS30-00598' isn't "the 598th zee car built". It's certainly within the second thousand or so...