looking for a datsun 240z

R32singh

Active Forum User
hi all im currently searching for a 240z RHD either a rolling shell or a project for me and my brother... been looking for one for years now... dont mind the condition as long as its not completely rotten please pm me if you know anyone selling one

thanks guys

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi, not much of a response yet because basically nobody has got a project to sell. You are better looking in the usual places and then asking for advice about anything you see.

Your comment stating you are not bothered about the condition as long as it's not rotten is interesting. A project car will usually be rotten and beyond an economical fix so up for sale.

Learn as much as you can before you 'jump in' to avoid problems - have a search around the forum if you haven't already done so.

R32singh

Active Forum User
thanks for the reply guys what i mean by completely rotten i dont want something thats beyond repair as in structurally no good... looking for something that will require work and want to get a car i always wanted..

the reason why i havent found a datsun is because the cars i wanted to go view have sold by the time im free as i work nearly every weekend so havent had the chance and the fact is i have many cars and didnt have space until now so looking for something me and my brother can do together as a project

Farmer42

Club Member
It depends on your budget.

A RHD unfinished project Z just sold on e-Bay for £18,100 and that was a so-called 'less desirable' 260Z so you will probably have to stump up some serious dosh if you want a reasonable RHD car. Most Zs need some work otherwise they will be in the £20k-plus bracket.

Unless you want to start from scratch and are prepared to do a fair bit of welding & bodywork, you are probably unlikely to find anything under the £8k mark although you could be lucky if you keep your eyes open in the usual places.

R32singh

Active Forum User
Again thanks for the reply guys but can we please keep to topic? Because right now I'm getting interrogated by questions that's not related to what I'm looking for...

Hey farmer I know what you mean bud it's going to be extremely hard to find one and I don't mind getting one that needs welding... Or possibly buy a shell and build it from scratch... Hopefully if all goes well I'm going to view one next week sometime but still going to be on a look out

Once again thanks

R32singh

Active Forum User
sorry not you rob just questions about why i haven't found one or why i didn't my brother go... lets clear things up... i help and run family business and work 7 days a week and my brother works for AA so he does crazy hours so we haven't had the luck of getting any time off... i wanted a datsun since i was young and now me and my brother are looking for something we can enjoy together... sometimes finding the right car can take many years... apologies that i haven't really found one that im connected with yet... these things take time... hence why ive started this thread to see if anyone has or knows of anyone selling one

so thats a little story for anyone whos concern about mine and my brothers personal life... i own 7 cars which doesnt help due to space until now

again thanks for the advice guys

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Best of luck with the find. You usually don't find many 'project' cars up on here for sale, best bet is an auction site like eBay and just keep checking every day..

Out of curiosity, do you have an R32 Skyline? Any interesting cars within that 7 you own? :D

R32singh

Active Forum User
ive known about this site and many other datsun owners website for many years.. i didnt join any of them as i dont own a 240z... only once ive committed on purchasing one (which i am now) i felt it would be nice to join and again how is that relevant?? Sean im not looking for someone that's going to ask questions thats not going to help me find a car... if you have any useful advice please by all means guide me throughout my search but if your just here to take the mick out of the new guy then i dont really want to waste my time

zNathan thanks buddy i just thought id ask around but im sure something will turn up one day... just dont want to buy something thats going to be expensive to build on the long run... haha yes i do have a r32 gtr in fact i have 3 r32gtr, 34 gtr, corolla ae86, corolla gl, and a bmw 535d... my ultimate goal was to buy a 1972 skyline hakosuka but just dont have the funds for that and dont think i ever will! lol... however me and my brother used to watch the old wangan might-night when we was young ever since we always wanted a 240z and im a big fan of rocky autos but unfortunately my love and passion its too much over skylines so they took most of my funds as well as time! but now i want to get a nice classic car and you just cant beat a 240z! thanks guys

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Love the R32's and the R34's, keep hold of them as you're onto some real investments as I'm sure you already know. Not a big fan of the R33's ,I'm guessing you're not either? Lol

So you've satisfied Initial D, now you want the DevilZ hehe how are you planning / hoping to build it in the long run?

PS: Wangan was what got me into S30's too.

R32singh

Active Forum User
yeah im a big fan of the r32's and 34! just cant get enough of them! and to be honest i couldnt careless about the investment side of things... i love the cars too much for me to sell them off lol... im not a great fan of the r33 just never got into them really! but a good friend of mine has a serious r33 in midnight purple and i like his one lol...

my plans is to get a bare shell if possible rolling shell and spend most of the evenings working on her... im learning how to spray so im confident i can get the underbelly clean and protected.. my older brother is good at welding and can possibly do some welds here and there... alternativly one of my very old customer is a panel beater and hes good at fabrication work but he is pricey but i know he can do the work properly.. so yes i really want a devilZ now! been waiting for a long while but at the time i couldn't resist the skyline's,,, good to know theres wangan fans out there! lol

R32singh

Active Forum User
dale i couldnt get rid of my cars! ive worked too long and hard to get these with my brother.... that is a beautiful car! seen that one but i know this sounds stupid but i want one that i could build with my brother! even though it will cost over £20k to do it ourselves but its for the fun and enjoyment... and to be fair i havent got that much to spend so doing a car up over the years is like installments so i can do it up to my standards in my own time

thanks guys really appreciate the feedback

R32singh

Active Forum User
again read the post I've made a story short for you to understand my reasons so then it makes it clear why i don't own a Datsun... at the end of the day you wanted to know why and now you do...

Today 01:59 PM
SeanDezart Yes - oops - 'personal questions'. another way of taking the mick which i do not tolerate... maybe in France this may seem like a friendly joke but no i found that rude and offensive

but never mind im not here to start an argument hope the information i have given you sean can help you (which i still dont understand why someone would ask such a question) maybe next time i will right a long story to avoid this

again thanks for your opinion but in future try to come with a different approach before messaging on a thread