Looking for 240z RHD

shane

New Forum User
Would it be difficult to find the RHD 240z with original engines? Budget is quite limited; thus it doesn't need to be new. However it should be in a reasonable condition and can be driven.

Please feel free to suggest.

Thanks.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Shane, you might find one but if your budget is limited it will be rotten.

The body is more important that the engine.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Could you clarify "Doesn't need to be new"? The newest ones are about 45 years old.

shane

New Forum User
thanks both for your replies and advice.

Regarding its "doesn't need to be new" condition, I mean it may be not a new look and color may be not shiny. It may be in original color and need some restoration which I may do it later. In my opinion, RHD, car body and chassis number are important.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Gotcha. Others pay more attention to prices than me for sure, but IMO not rotten RHD 240zs, with original engine, that are drivable start somewhere around £15-20k, if you can find one.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Gotcha. Others pay more attention to prices than me for sure, but IMO not rotten RHD 240zs, with original engine, that are drivable start somewhere around £15-20k, if you can find one.

Sounds about right, it would definitely be a 'project' car for that money though,

johnymd

Club Member
Yep. Project RHD 240z’s can be found for under £20k but they will be project so beware of what’s hidden beneath the paint. Pay particular attention to panel fit and body line to get an idea of repairs over the last 45 years.

shane

New Forum User
Yep. Project RHD 240z’s can be found for under £20k but they will be project so beware of what’s hidden beneath the paint. Pay particular attention to panel fit and body line to get an idea of repairs over the last 45 years.
Thanks for your advice. It's acceptable for me as long as it is the original car.