Long time lurker saying hello

ZeeSpeed

New Forum User
Hello everyone!

I have been a lurker on the forums for many many years now and finally looking to get my first Z (technically it will be my 2nd Z, since I bought a non-running 2 seater 260Z back in 2006 but sold it 4 weeks later).

I am hoping to get a 76-78 280Z 2 seater now. Any idea what a usable one will cost me? Hardly any come up for sale that are UK registered with a MoT. I have seen many projects on ebay that have been stood still for years but those ones are probably way out of scope of my abilities.

Will £12,000 be enough to buy a useable 280Z?

SacCyclone

Club Member
If you decide to import, £12K or $16K should be more than enough to make it happen. Just need to figure out if you can handle a left hooker and be prepared to deal with importing and MOT etc.
Many in the club have been successful in the past and I'm sure can pass on the information you need.
Be patient in your search if you decide to purchase in the states as there are many here out to make a buck off not so nice cars. In the end, it can cause you much more money and frustration if the wrong car is imported. Best to get the most complete and rust free example you can afford.
Happy trails.
Mike