Long nose R200 3.9 Diff (yes, I said 3.9) 240Z 260Z 280Z 280ZX

richiep

Club Member
May regret this as it’s a nice to-have on the parts pile and unobtainium these days, but I’m going Subaru R180 LSD so time to let this beast go.

R200 open diff with the highly desirable 3.9 ratio, not 3.7, 3.54 etc that tend to crop up more often (which isn’t very often anymore either tbh).

If you need a meaty diff to cope with big power or aggressive behaviour like drag etc., this might be useful. Drop a Quaife ATB in for ultimate performance. Add CV half shafts too.

Condition is very good. Nice and tight, no play. Polished rear cover, new gasket and new cover bolts.

If you need the later moustache bar to mount this and haven’t got one, I may be able to sort something for extra ££.

Rarer than truth in a Trump White House press release, hence £450 (which is still less than a typical Subie 3.9 diff - and those also need custom output flanges £££). Collection from Macclesfield Cheshire (or alternatively Derby) massively preferred as it is heavier than a dying star. May discuss shipping however but it won’t be cheap to anywhere!

0qJnD0B.jpg

Bj1U8Ab.jpg

kpYScDP.jpg

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Richie, that is a lovely looking diff, did you clean it up? It's a fair price as mine was in Arizona and by the time I shipped it to the UK it was in the same ball park but isn't look anywhere as clean as yours or have the cover on.

1ae77125afa40a780d1160d739de6c9e.jpg

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I can help move it as far south as Northampton, or possibly even further south if timing isn't urgent.

johnymd

Club Member
I think that's who I used to send the cast iron manifold and exhaust to you Sean. Wasn't overly expensive.

richiep

Club Member
Richie, that is a lovely looking diff, did you clean it up? It's a fair price as mine was in Arizona and by the time I shipped it to the UK it was in the same ball park but isn't look anywhere as clean as yours or have the cover on.

I did give it a spruce up Ali, back when I first acquired it, although it was already pretty clean. Just needed a new coat of paint. I did a polishing job on the cover and got the new bolts from MJP. It’s been sitting for ages waiting for me to decide that to do with it! However, I picked up a Subie R180 last week for Dixie and will go the same route on the FairladyZ too as my Subaru source is likely to turn up another 3.9 in the future.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Snooze, you lose! Sold to Mr. G!

Not the end of the world but :

a) does no-one have any patience - I don't get email notifications of replies so I go on to look when I can - here I am before work this morning

b) no solidarity between members looking for parts - just dog eat dog ?

Strange club etiquette.....

status

Well-Known Forum User
Oops just see it’s gone,another diff probably just gonner sit there ,I think some people are buying certain things thinking they are going to go up in value,not saying this will or won’t but as we evolve someone finds out that something more modern and better engineered ie s14a box does a better job hence I’ve sold a lot of my bits,I’ve just had a screen fitted which was damaged but nothing serious on the lemans trip,it had to be specially made the fitter said companies are writing cars off because the screens are having to be made so in a few years if my screen goes I’m in with a chance of getting 35K,and keeping the salvage ridiculous I know

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
You're too late mate - the dirty deed done dirt cheap :hat: has been done but that might inspire you to play me a song.:hurray:

I have several windscreens ;)