Lime 112 240Z restoration

tel240z

Club Member
Thought I would start a thread on m latest restoration project i'll start with a few pictures from the beginning

AFTER STRIPPING THE WINGS OFF AND SOME OTHER PARTS TIME FOR ITS FIRST DROP OF ENGLISH WATER IN A LONG TIME

Last edited by a moderator:

tel240z

Club Member

WELL THIS IS NICE TO SEE

EVEN BETTER MATCHING NUMBERS

EVEN GOT MY 2 LADS STRIPPING ALL THE OLD RUBBERS OFF

THATS BETTER GETTING THERE NOW ALL THE BITS BAGGED UP AND LABELED

QUESTION TIME, DO THESE LOOK LIKE ORIGIONAL Z SEAT BELTS ? THE INERTIA ROLL LIVES IN A POCKET BEHIND THE SEAT AND CLIPS INTO THE Z LOGOED RECIEVER BUT GOT NO IDEA WHERE THE OTHER CHROME LAP BELT END GOES

tel240z

Club Member
Think so G :unsure: I need to order half a litre and paint a spare wing then look at it in the daylight up against a nice polished alloy rim, it would also make it so easy to freshen up the inside and under body with a good rubbing down with a grey scotch and couple of light coats of 2K

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Terry from memory my old 240Z had 'lap and diagonal' belts which were actually a lap and separate diagonal that clipped together - similar to your's but static.

Wyn

Club Member
Looks a clean solid shell Tel?
Whats the plan for the running gear, stock or all out ?

btw, what's that pump down below the dizzy?
p/s or a/c ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm liking the lime green !, be a nice contrast to your orange one to

I agree, what could be better than the original colour (unless you couldn't live with it). Is the original colour-code sticker still visible on the top of the rad panel?

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Its actually a rather nice looking colour! Looking at google images, it looks great :)

HLS30096713.jpg

4264484627_f1a8042b94_b2.jpg

963010123dsc7343.jpg

TomZupra

Well-Known Forum User
Went down Tel's to see the car today and must say he's done well, body is in fantastic condition and the door shutting makes me feel sick its so slick.
Lots of talk of keeping it original, lets see if he can resist the urge to go faster ;)

johnymd

Club Member
Good choice Terry. Always been my favourite original colour. That's the colour I'd paint my daily driver when I get it.

tel240z

Club Member
Franky Plan is keep the engine stock it runs so quiet and not a hint of smoke even when hot, problem is though its got an E88 head so brass valve seats I think lead replacement fuel maybe but many don't use it ...thoughts please ??

Rob yes original silver sticker is there but faded and been masked up a couple of times

John the colour is quite unique after seeing for the last week I just love it, especially when I took the tailgate glass out and saw 40 year old unseen paint (non faded)

theres more and more lime showing as I take it apart

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Terry looking at the first picture in post 17 these cars are a work of art aren't they? The side window opening and the inner door skin for example.

Mr.F

Inactive
Mike used to sell a Millers lead replacement additive
Just a few bottles left of Millers VSPe which also protects against the harmful effects of ethanol in modern fuel...

original silver sticker is there but faded
Repros available, but not cheap...