life insurance policy

chris frizzell

Club Member
hi all just about finish my 280z a few minor jobs to do . my mind as move to the cars life span so i have started to collect some parts .i have my original front valace but i would like 2 front wings . not many on ebay in the uk but plenty in the usa . so my question is anyone got 2 wings in great condition or knows someone how ships large parts from the usa . there got to be a market for these parts if i had time i would fill a container full .
thanks chris

uk66fastback

Club Member
A guy called Ron Fenton will ship large parts in a container once a month ...
His company operates from near Chelmsford in Essex. Once the parts are here you can collect them or he will ship them out to you I think. It's by far the most cost-effective way of getting large parts from the US to here (unless you can find a car to put them in maybe ... )

Details here ...

https://www.stsimports.co.uk

He's brought in many things for me over the last decade, gearboxes, suspension, doors etc. Also brought in my 240Z from Houston to Felixstowe. All his containers come in to that port.

chris frizzell

Club Member
this look interestion do you just ship your parts to his warehouse in the usa ? i will have to see if the part seller is willing to ship to miami but it look easier than looking for rusted out uk parts .many thanks chris

uk66fastback

Club Member
Yes, get your parts to his location and just wait for them to come over (they are shipped once a month). Then I think from memory he gives you a price inc all taxes etc - you can find this out before you decide to ship with him of course ...

You can't escape import tax and VAT but you can save on the SHIPPING cost - which of course you ARE paying tax and VAT on (as well as the goods) so money can be saved).

Where are you based Chris?

chris frizzell

Club Member
Yorkshire just need to find some good wings/fenders on ebay . never know may get some in the uk that dont need to much work