lhd 260z manual green , quick turnaround ???

julian24

Forum User
Hi everybody .i have always fancied a 240 /260z and have finally taken the plunge . this is my 260z manual car brought in from the usa and hoping to get it on the road pretty quickly . As we mainly restore classic jags this should be a walk in the park !!

It is very solid and only needs small amount of welding / repairs to the front lower wings and replacement of the front 40mm of the bonnet . After removing the plastic dirt guards in the wings it is solid under . The car starts and runs great and moves and stops well ( around the yard that is ) .

i have had it 3 weeks and is now prepped for mot and all body repairs carried out and fully primered . I think it is paint code 113 the same as asbojohns car . I will add pics as we go along . regards julian west yorkshire .

ps how do you upload pics ??

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hey Jetemy, welcome to the z world!! Wait till you get some miles in, it's a car that will get under your skin. For sheer driving pleasure, I personally prefer driving it to the E-types and Astons of the era.

Looking forward to seeing it.

There are many ways to upload but I personally found the easiest way is to use Tapatalk forum app on your tablet/smartphone.

Ali

status

Well-Known Forum User
Walk in the park,ha ha,just like West Ham are going to win the league this season,ha ha,good luck with it and enjoy

Ped

Club Member
Looking forward to seeing some pics. What year is it?

Here is a link to paint colours that may of may not help. Remember, judging colours on screen is a nightmare, they will look slightly different depending on the screen you are viewing + background light conditions.

There should have been a paint code sticker somewhere under the bonnet, I guess its missing?

julian24

Forum User
7075a15efbdeb4aa60441ae2e20dd254.jpg
85d972965a350815458493b641d263d7.jpg
2941e1f23d610ce6f39b5f80888594a6.jpg

A few pics how it is now . Will try to upload originals

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

julian24

Forum User
hi build primer !!!

Hi rob . yes i see now . The paint factors around here are very good !! and being in yorkshire have to be very economical ha ha . Hopefully in colour within 2 weeks but will need 2 cans i guess ??

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi rob . yes i see now . The paint factors around here are very good !! and being in yorkshire have to be very economical ha ha . Hopefully in colour within 2 weeks but will need 2 cans i guess ??

My daughter lives in Penistone - we love Yorkshire and the people. :thumbs:

julian24

Forum User
penistone !! yes indeed

Hi sean . yes the town name is a bit diferent however luckily i live near wakefield .

The bumpers are being modified by myself and will be clean without the overriders and because had some previous damage not good enough to chrome so will be black . Also moved closer to the body by removing front shocks and modifying the rears . julian

ps had a trip to france last year and enjoyed every minute of it . Only got as far as loire valley .

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Roads for Zs mate !

Look up Pouzauges on google map - pays de la loire ! Next time, drop in for a chat and some decent wine.
Don't have to go to France to experience a not so decent whine as there is plenty of that from people in the UK on this forum at times
whistle.gif

johnymd

Club Member
Looks straight enough with nice original arch and line above.

If it was me, I'd have taken a few more bits off before painting but if its only a quick blow over then I suppose it keeps the cost down. I guess it depends on your target buyers.

julian24

Forum User
Hi johny and thanks for looking , it is a nice original honest car , i prepped and primered in 2k before i went on holiday so it allowed time for it to dry / settle properly .It will then be reprepped if neeed as we work to very high standards . It certainly will not be a blow over ha ha !! julian

johnymd

Club Member
We all look at cars differently Julian. If its a dry state car then all the rubbers will be knackered anyway so removing the glass to replace them would be a matter of course anyway IMO. Taking the glass out is an easy job and allows you to mask the shuts properly. Sorry, not trying to teach you to suck eggs as you probably know a lot more about restoring cars than me. I think it will greatly improve the resale value.

Good luck with the resto.

julian24

Forum User
Hi johny . I understand where you are coming from . We have new rubbers coming for front and rear screens which will be fitted on arrival as they are coming with another silver 260z from the west coast which ultimately will be my car . The green car will be a very nice car as i will run it to iron out any minor issues etc . I have some original pictures now . Regards julian

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

julian24

Forum User
Early 74 sean , it is running the flat top type carbs with all the emissions rubbish at moment but will look into removing it !! if its not to much of a cost . Any ideas please ??