Led dash bulbs | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Led dash bulbs

Discussion in 'S30 (240Z,260Z,280Z) Electrical' started by Fairlineguy, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Fairlineguy

Fairlineguy Forum User

Anyone using LED dash illumination bulbs
    Keen to know if they are as bright or brighter ?

2. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Depe,ds if they're dimmed no ? Ok....I'm leaving.........

3. Farmer42

Farmer42
    Z Club Member

Just put some in mine. Only done the gauges so far and have yet to do the Tach & Speedo but they are much better & brighter.

You need to be careful which type you get as not all will fit. bought mine from this site on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-x2-BA9...-/222258038090?rd=1&ssPageName=STRK:MERFB:IID

4. Fairlineguy

Fairlineguy Forum User

Off you go Sean
    Ok basically are they worth fitting?

5. Fairlineguy

Fairlineguy Forum User

Be interested to know if gauges condensate?
    They should I guess be cooler than a standard bulb?

6. SacCyclone

SacCyclone
    Z Club Member

A good friend and owner at Clearwater Lights ( https://www.clearwaterlights.com ) just came by last week and dropped off LED dash lights for our Zeds.

We have yet to install them but I will make an effort to do so this week and get back to you. I will also check on prices since he buys in bulk.

Mike

7. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

I'm guessing you need to disable the dimmer?

8. Moriarty

Moriarty Forum User

Plenty of LED dimmer inverter kits available that could be used

9. Farmer42

Farmer42
    Z Club Member

The LEDs I put in mine seem to dim ok. The other option is turn it up and leave it alone.

WRT condensation, I installed mine just after Christmas and have had no problems with condensation inside the gauges. As far as I can see, they are sealed from the bulbs anyway which is why you need to be a bit careful with the size of the glass dome on the bulbs as they are quite shallow and most LEDs won't fit.

As far as price goes, I bought the 10 I needed for about £12 which I thought was ok. Will probably get a few more for the heater control panel & side light bulbs.