Leaky Rear Wheel Cylinder

ZedsDead

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all, I have a 71 US import which I'm getting closer and closer to getting MOT-worthy.

Unfortunately I have just found that the rear right wheel cylinder is leaking.

I have been looking everywhere for a replacement but the only ones I can find are 1. In the States and 2. absurdly expensive.

Does anyone know of a UK supplier of affordable alternatives? Or of cylinder rebuild kits?

There are actually quite a lot of other cheap Datsun wheel cylinders on ebay which look similar in design. I'm wondering if anyone knows if any of them will fit an early 240z or can be modified to do so?

I'm only planning to use the drum brakes for long enough to get an MOT, after which I aim to do a disc conversion anyway.

Thanks!

ZedsDead

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Rob, I have actually already browsed through all the sites listed there.

Unless I've missed something, none of them carry a replacement part.

I'm upgrading from drums because (purists avert your eyes!) I'm going down the RB26 route. I plan to use the car regularly when it's finished rather than keep it as a show pony and I would just feel safer driving a 400hp car with disc brakes rather than drums.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm surprised MJP don't have one, have you called Mike?

Ok, rear discs a wise move then :thumbs:

ZedsDead

Well-Known Forum User
Ha ha, that was quick!

No, I haven't called, only browsed the site but as I say, I could easily have missed something. I'll call shortly.